Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Looks like the Kiss Destroyer figures will be my first 12" FTC purchase!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oooo, I should probably add the link huh?

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Great newsletter Brian. Pretty mixed on my feelings about the Destroyer figures. Kind of wished they had left the head sculpts the same as the Alive series for Paul, Ace, and Peter. The hair is starting to look flat again (although that could just be a prototype characteristic that gets fixed in production) . The costuming also doesn't have that pop to it, like previous tailoring jobs have displayed. Not bad, but kind of unremarkable. LOVE the stretch heroes commercial. So crisp and vivid, it's hard to believe it was made so long ago. The Barbarino prototype and the close up feature on RC West Batman are amazing and I continue to drool over the Palitoy Starsky & Hutch packaging. I never get tired of seeing it. If FTC does indeed revisit this line, I hope they can lift this old artwork for packaging. And great shots of the Mego Meet. So neat to see the love for the craft and all the great company in those shots. Priceless.

Comment

• Spyweb007
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 18, 2006

Love the newsletter every week. That's actually a pretty good sculpt on Barbarino there, I kinda wish Mego made the Kotter figures instead of Mattel.

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

The heads look like a cross between the original mego heads and the Farrow FTC versions. I like em.
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Wow, so those are the new KISS figures, huh? I don't quite know how I feel. These are evidently the 12" figures and they seem to come out better than the 8" ones, so I want to see more images. The outfits look pretty good. The boots seem to be one piece so that's great to see. It looks like Peter has gloves on and that's a nice touch. And the head sculpts? Well, I like Gene (which is good because I didn't like the 8" Gene from Alive! and DTK), but I'm not a fan of the others. Ace is very generic, Peter has a dumb expression, and the top left part of Paul's head seems deformed!

I would love to be able to get the series 1 heads loose, as they're my favorite despite Paul and Peter's heads being reused. This new Gene head is pretty nice, and I like Paul's head from DTK tho. It would be great to be able to mix and match my favorites, but they aren't quite compatible in style or in size.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

I would have bought every single KISS figure had their hair been done better. I stopped buying after the 12” DTK. I do like the Destroyer Gene - he might be buyable, but not at their retail prices...I can wait till they part em out, and if not, oh well wasn’t meant to be.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Some fun stuff in this week's newsletter:

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

This week's newsletter great as always!

FTC announcement: More Kiss... Yuk!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

I like that new Gene sculpt, and maybe I like the other sculpts are better than it seemed in the Destroyer photo. Curious to see the 8" versions.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Boywonder0

FTC announcement: More Kiss... Yuk!
                        See, I'm not a big KISS guy either but I don't ever mind a week when I don't have to buy something.

If every week was wave after wave of Superfriends, the newsletter would stress me right out. So i kind of like KISS weeks and I know it's something people have been after for years, so it's all good.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Great work on the newsletter. I always rush over to read it, and despite trolling the forum, always find something I miss.

And thanks for the Super Mates plug! Much appreciated.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

Excellent newsletter as always, thanks!
                            Looks like another FTC set I'll be buying!

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I liked seeing the Candi commercial.

I remember seeing her a lot in stores, on discount, when I was little but generally passing on her. She was the kind of toy you'd get only if Barbie was sold out but never a first choice. Not as reviled as Dusty but not high on any Christmas and Birthday lists either. I'm pretty sure I had the Strawberry scented one in the Strawberry Shortcake knock off dress.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

You gotta admit Mego went all out with the accessories for her.

sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎