Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I cannot wait to add Hawkman to my collection.

This figure that popped up I would love more info on it??
    Steve Travaux Publics
    Steve Travaux Publics.jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

The Hawkman head sculpt is great and the wings look good. Way to go, FTC!

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        This figure that popped up I would love more info on it??
        Tong universe from Australia to Europe. We've been recently talking about them here: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...e-Figure/page3

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Hawkman looks great, it was worth the wait.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Hawkman.... let me be the first to complain

The clothed chest and bare arms combo is different... surprised we didn't just get full sleeves. It's an odd dynamic, but it doesn't look bad.

The rest looks great, from the head sculpt to the wings. I wonder how this gets reused for a Super Friends version.

Now my complaint. I recently opened the Martian Manhunter and the shorts & strap combo is an awful fit and the shoulder straps won't stay on right with the bare shoulders. There seems to be some design re-use here and you can already see the left strap slipping. Maybe the fit will be better on Hawkman; maybe that's why we got a clothed chest instead of a bare chest. I hope so.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the figure.

Great newsletter, as always. I always love looking at the creativity of this community.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I am thrilled with the Hawkman. There is a 100% chance that I will tweak it, which for me is half the fun. Even if the rest of the figure was garbage, I'd gladly pay $30 shipped for just the head. I would have killed for Hawkman, Flash, and GL when I was a kid.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                Even if the rest of the figure was garbage, I'd gladly pay $30 shipped for just the head. I would have killed for Hawkman, Flash, and GL when I was a kid.
                Yep. If that's in scale and looks that good, it's worth 30. Everything else becomes great accessories.

I think the main customization would be a screenprint torso under the bands. Not much else.

Comment

• Spectator
                  Museum Patron
                  • Feb 4, 2019

Is there a popular consensus opinion on the material/construction/design of Hawkman's wings?

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    ...I would have killed for Hawkman, Flash, and GL when I was a kid.
                    When I was a kid, my Christmas list always included Batman, The Flash and Hawkman. I always got a new Batman, but I couldn't understand why Santa never brought me the other two.

Now in 2019, my dream Christmas List will be a reality. I would have never imagined!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Hawkman is a mixed bag for me:

*Head: IMO rates 90%, quite serviceable and tweakable.

*Wings: I never cared, I have better ones. Never a fan of elastic detailing.

*Shorty tights and boot-feet: Loathe utterly, this is not Mego to me and I pray that FTC varies this with SF Hawkman.

He has shelf-appeal, I'll grant that. I don't mind the muscle shirt to anchor the wings.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Spectator
                        Is there a popular consensus opinion on the material/construction/design of Hawkman's wings?
                        I'm guessing rigid felt or foam sheeting.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Hawkman is a mixed bag for me:

*Head: IMO rates 90%, quite serviceable and tweakable.

*Wings: I never cared, I have better ones. Never a fan of elastic detailing.

*Shorty tights and boot-feet: Loathe utterly, this is not Mego to me and I pray that FTC varies this with SF Hawkman.

He has shelf-appeal, I'll grant that. I don't mind the muscle shirt to anchor the wings.
                          You mean the too short pants that are hemmed right at the boot line? Its a deal breaker for me, total buzzkill. I have wings on hand that look better too. The head is perfect, if its ever sold by itself I do a custom.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Spectator
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 4, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I'm guessing rigid felt or foam sheeting.
                            I meant, what do you think of the way they did them?

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              When I was a kid, my Christmas list always included Batman, The Flash and Hawkman. I always got a new Batman, but I couldn't understand why Santa never brought me the other two.

Now in 2019, my dream Christmas List will be a reality. I would have never imagined!
                              I truly love this post. Well said.

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

This one will be a must for me.
                                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎