Page 88 of 116 FirstFirst ... 636873788386878889909398103108113 ... LastLast

Thread: MegoMuseum Newsletter Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    OK i sometimes get blocked because of my location, so i put it in the newsletter regardless.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    But, the gaffes have been glaring and frankly continual--that may be another reason collectors tried to find them less expensively. A $15 figure with production flaws may be more appealing than one at $35. There's a certain irony in the fact that FTC is choosing to alter its marketing but not its production frequency or designs.
    +1 here. Add to that there are SOME, but not ALL, collectors who just want the figure, damn the packaging.
    And now with them not offering certain figures in the "Buy the Head/Suit Category" ( Kregse Mary, Harley)
    AND raising prices on loose figures ( going from $15 to $22), my first thoughts aren't "Wow cool figure let me go buy it" to
    "I'll wait a year and see what I can get at MY price".

Look at Harley Quinn....they said she was "retired" but yet their bringing her back as a "GOLD" exclusive....too me that's slapping those who bought her on Kregse
    and slapping those who are paying the $40-$50 ebay/amazon price. They have the parts on hand OBVIOUSLY, so why not offer her in the "Buy the Head/Suit Category"?

FTC keeps playing games, they will eventually find that Collectors/Mego Enthusiasts will get hip and they'll start choking on backstock, because like it or not, they face the same issues that
    Hasbro, et al, face. When Collectors get hip to the shell games, they stop buying product to send a message.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    I hope they sell that new Joker silk screened suit. I'm sure I could find use for that.
    When I saw it Immediately thought, with a slight mod to the vest, Prof. Hug Strange as he appeared in the Golden Age!!

Harley has a new shiny suit, so it's not the same as the Kresge release.

I like the Head and Outfits option, even if I don't really take advantage of it. But I always thought that was a dubious decision because if I am EE or BBTS, or worse, a smaller retailer like Mike's Comics, I am not only competing against FTC's own website for sales, now I am losing sales to those that know they can wait it out and just get the parts from FTC too.

And to keep this from becoming a FTC thread (there is a whole forum for that!), I just want to say that the Palitoy 1979 Catalog is beautiful! It's just a reminder that no matter how cool the Mego repros are, nothing beats the originals... and how silly the Mego Hulk figure was, LOL!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbros View Post
    When I saw it Immediately thought, with a slight mod to the vest, Prof. Hug Strange as he appeared in the Golden Age!!
    My Prof. Hugo Strange is in the works as we type.

I thought this was a great newsletter, these always start my weekend off in the best direction.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Well that explains why my thread was deleted lol.

Neat red skeleton guy figure in the newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by rodkeith View Post
    Thanks! That 1969 Catwoman looks phenomenal! Also, love the customs as usual, especially Black Canary.
    Cool Catwoman; nice improvement. I wish her red "cat goggles" could have been figured out to look more authentic to Robbins' original design, with higher points above the eyes: It would be extra cool to add some black shadows around such a red mask.
    Last edited by comicmike; Mar 18, '17 at 6:26 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    My Prof. Hugo Strange is in the works as we type.
    oooh, do tell!!! Aside from re-working the Sivana head or a Lx Luthor, I can't really find a head I like....
    who are you using for the head if you don't mind me asking?

Images
    OMBC Grok.

I think it might also be possible to use a recast Klingon with the hair sanded off.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Blog Entries