• comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Yes!! Debra Winger's Wonder Girl...oh please, oh please

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

I'm very happy to learn our voices were heard and likeness rights for Carter was nabbed to make figures based on the WW show. I was never able to afford the C.R. Superman Hot Toys so this makes me optimistic that FTC might make figures based on Superman 1 & 2 in the future. And who knows maybe Adv of Superman with G.R. is next.
      I've not liked everything FTC makes particularly when it comes to the final results of some of their females, I'm waves behind on some of their themes. I don't blame the sculptor as it may be a problem with how things work in the making-a-figure assembly line for all I know. I think it's a sad state of affairs when 70s baby faces of the original dolls continue to make better figures than the modern types.

I really hope FTC gets Carter and WW right. I'm sorry to state that much of WW figures are something to desire. In fact, the one I like best was probably a reissue of the classic Mego one and of course I'd be happy with it not having an original.
      When was the last great non-movie WW made, that wasn't of Hot Toys quality or price point? Probably a Barbie version.

The FTC Superfriends WW is so-so, but from the look of things better than other efforts by FTC. I think the DC Direct figures captured the Superfriends look better than FTC, but I do think FTC did a nice job on some of the other figures.
      I thought the Mattel Retro Action one was ok. I liked my WW based on the art of Dodson DC direct. My 13" DC Direct WW was a bit disappointing due to the head sculpt, which is not something I'd fuss about on any other figure from that series with the exception of Captain Marvel/Shazam.
      I like Jim Lee's art all right, but wouldn't care to own a Mego style figure of any of his females, I have one of his New 52 WW and it's not a favorite of mine. I think he draws cookie cuter females so all the bodies and faces look the same with exception to hair and costumes.

The announcement of FTC getting the TV WW show took me by pleasant surprise. I can only hope the only type of complaints on the board will rely solely on the FTC female body and that everyone is satisfied with the head sculpt likeness and costume tailoring.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm excited but considering FTC's track record with Batman '66 females, I'm also fearful.

I'd like to see supporting cast and some foes, too--I'm curious about the license parameters.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megodarryl
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 31, 2006

FTC, PLEASE make Zardor!!!!!! I've hoped for a figure of him ever since I first saw him.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Happy Friday. I have been slacking on my newsletter duties, will be back at it next week. https://mailchi.mp/813452bae094/mego...e?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

^ No apologies, it's always a fun read and something to look forward to on Friday morning. Thanks for all your great work!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

Whoa, those Presidents look very sharp. Very good likenesses.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Ok, Joe's sharing of the Poch catalog is an awesome piece of Mego POTA distribution history in Spain, and perhaps other countries in Europe. Some of us crazy-Apes collectors have pondered the breathe of Mego releases in Europe outside of the UK, and this catalog provides some proof to the theory that only Soldier Apes made it to Spain. We also know that series one made it to Italy via Baravelli, but only the Soldier Ape seems to be well documented.

Thanks Joe and MM-admin for the intel. Love this content!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah it jives with all the Poch ads I have around this time, only the solider ape is ever pictured as well.

The one thing that I always hopeful for was that Poch made boxes for some of the other lines like they did with the American West. Spoke to some Spanish collectors and they tell me it never happened.

I would really like to know why the Western guys got those awesome window boxes.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Happy Friday - https://mailchi.mp/b3c4f79f780d/its-...e?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I like the arch criminals four pack, great for recreating your own adventures of the 66 movie, POW! ZAP!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Happier Friday! https://mailchi.mp/d072974c6c43/mego...u?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

SWAMP THING!! I was hoping for him but never expected him to get his own WAVE of figures. This is incredible news! Hopefully the other two will be Arcane and one of the Un-Men!

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Oh this is a good day for me. I LURVS ME SOME SWAMP THING.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

This is really cool and I hope we get Deadman too

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎