Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Wow, that Penguin might be the best Pengy figure I’ve ever seen! It looks like 1966, Super Powers and Mego all wrapped in one AND he’s short. Homerun for FTC.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Credit where credit is due, these new Batman figures from FTC look really nice! Exciting times for Mego fans, for sure!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

That is one outstanding Penguin figure. From looking at it, FTC couldn’t have done a better job.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

VERY Super Powers-like Penguin! I take it he has a padded shirt or something? He looks pretty good to me!

I'd like to see them take another shot at the Scarecrow in this 80's style. I think he could look like a million bucks!
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

sad news about a member passing. what was his handle on here?

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Probably in the minority here in saying I'm tired of Batman figures.
              BUT - even though this new Penguin and Riddler are not for me, I do think they look fantastic!
              Good job, FTC!

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

The new Penguin looks good to me! I am looking forward to this new Batman series. The Riddler and Penguin will fit in perfectly with Two-Face and Catwoman. Now we just have to hope they get Batman right this time.

We haven't seen the new Joker yet, just the Super Friends Joker, right? Or the new Poison Ivy figures?

So much stuff coming....!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do Man-Bat.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                    I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do Man-Bat.
                    I forgot about Man-Bat! The updated Batman line-up is looking really good!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

That's a nice new Penguin figure. I was concerned that the jacket would be blue; I'm so pleased it isn't.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

I really like the look of the new Mego Frankenstein. (Monster)

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I like the new Penguin, I'm not crazy about it, but it does look good, there's a bunch of other figures I want to get
                          first, and I too am looking forward to seeing Man-Bat.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Penguin's Awesome!!! I'm curious if he may come with an umbrella: That'd be cool!

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                              tooling a body for one character probably isn't cost effective. Glad you can do it yourself.

I think this figure looks amazing and i'm confused that the first comment is this.
                              The comment is a sincere one...They can spend money to develop new head sculpts, new costuming, but not go the extra step and
                              develop a short fat body? it just smacks of taking shortcuts just to pump out new figures that aren't necessary.
                              It will make the clothing look weird and baggy if it isn't filled out by having it on a fat body.

Certainly Marty and Doc would take the extra step? or am I asking too much of FTC now that they have real competition..?

As for your perplexment, maybe you didn't have your morning coffee? j/k
                              A discussion forum will have opinions different from yours, thus the beauty of a discussion forum, to discuss
                              topics and not just be a "yes sir" kiss@$$ board?

He's not my cup of tea, but hey if you want him go for it.

Hope that is more agreeable to you sir.
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                                Probably in the minority here in saying I'm tired of Batman figures.
                                agreed...so many others to do and fill out...a Green Lantern Wave, Rogues for Superman, Capt. Marvel, and Aquaman, esp. with his movie just around the corner.....Halloween themed releases like a JL Dark line...so much missed opportunity....
                                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎