Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I have zero interest in US political action figures but there are so few women of colour in our figure scale that I will likely purchase her for a custom down the road. The same goes for Mego's Michael Burnham, which again, not a big fan of the series itself.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I never understood American's glorification of political figures, especially in toy form, but hey, to each his own. The only use I'd have for a Justin Trudeau doll is if I practised voodoo.

Lots of other cool content this week. Always at least one custom I missed and happy to see here.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        The only use I'd have for a Justin Trudeau doll is if I practised voodoo.
        I actually wonder about that... how many people buy these figures to have their Wonder Woman put Kamala in a headlock, or for their Captain America to slug Trump?

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

I know it's near impossible to not be political on a forum when the figures are the very definition of it but let's please remain bi-partisan everybody.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

So I guess there going to start a Vice Presidents line? Lets just stick with what it's supposed to be, the U.S. Presidents line or at least finish the Presidents line first.
            To be honest, I would rather see a First Ladies Collection line before a VP line.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
              I have zero interest in US political action figures but there are so few women of colour in our figure scale that I will likely purchase her for a custom down the road. The same goes for Mego's Michael Burnham, which again, not a big fan of the series itself.
              That's goes for me too.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                I wonder if will get General Ulysses Grant in Civil war Union Blues along with Presidents clothing like they did with George Washington?
                I've got the Excel figure of him from the 1970s in his Union uniform. I am probably the only person to say this, but there have been three lines that should have had a Ulysses Grant action figure who missed it--The Legend of the Lone Ranger (who did produce figures of Custer & Buffalo Bill but not of Wild Bill or Grant), Wild Wild West (which I would have thought they would have done as "Artemus Gordon disguised as President Grant" to get another Kevin Kline variant), and Jonah Hex (a line that had very few figures. As a collector of western historical figures, I'd be happy with any or all of these Grants!
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  So I guess there going to start a Vice Presidents line? Lets just stick with what it's supposed to be, the U.S. Presidents line or at least finish the Presidents line first.
                  To be honest, I would rather see a First Ladies Collection line before a VP line.
                  I doubt they are going to do a VP line. But the first ever woman VP is historic, so they are likely making an exception.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    I doubt they are going to do a VP line. But the first ever woman VP is historic, so they are likely making an exception.
                    In a way they've made a couple of VPs, it's just that they've also been president.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Weren't they planning an Al Gore? Or was that just Presidential Monsters?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        I never understood American's glorification of political figures, especially in toy form, but hey, to each his own. The only use I'd have for a Justin Trudeau doll is if I practised voodoo.

Lots of other cool content this week. Always at least one custom I missed and happy to see here.
                        Didn't you say at some point that you were buying a Trump doll?
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 20, '20, 6:40 PM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Weren't they planning an Al Gore? Or was that just Presidential Monsters?
                          Yeah, it was PM, it was a play on Igor, he had a recycling logo on his tunic.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

*OOPS*
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 25, '20, 6:57 PM. Reason: lost touch with reality
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Turkey coma edition - enjoy! https://mailchi.mp/2ca2a4550a56/no-l...s?e=ce704b24aa

I hope all my domestic friends had a happy turkey day. I avoided the internet entirely yesterday and it was like having a social enema:-)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Great monsters from BubbaDave and that Wasp is wonderful.

FTC has done a good job with Swamp Thing and I'm pleased to see they're reissuing sell-outs. That's a good sign.

Thank you for the newsletter.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎