X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

swivel arms?

What BBP figures used the swivel bicep? I know they had them on the Flash Gordon figure; did those show up anywhere else?
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Twilight Zone and Lost have swivel biceps.

The Sontaron in Doctor Who does not use swivel arms.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I knew I should have picked up a bunch of Lost figures in that holiday time sale.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

To clarify, not every Lost figure had swivel arms. Some did, some didn't.
        Sayid specifically did. I can't speak for TZ as I don't have any, but I imagine it's the same way.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by jacoblb
          To clarify, not every Lost figure had swivel arms. Some did, some didn't.
          Sayid specifically did. I can't speak for TZ as I don't have any, but I imagine it's the same way.
          Jack, Sayid, and Miles definitely had swivel arms. I purchased them in quantity during the holiday sale for customs. For the record, the plastic on the Lost figures seems fragile... the hip pins break easily. My go-to custom body of choice remains Doc Mego's swivel arm body with torso screws, but these will work in a pinch if you are gentle with them.

The Shatner TZ has swivel arms.

IIRC Venture Brothes had swivels as well.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

It is'nt just the lost figures I purchased 2 of the Build a figure sets from Emce and multiple swivel bodies that I was doing customs on
            most of these have broken off at the hip joint and I have a box of broken bodies in garage. Paul fixed a few for me but so many have broke that
            I quit using them and I have not had this hip problem with any older Castaway and FTC figures

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

The Six Mill line has the swivels too. It's a good body. I have used it as a replacement on some of my FTC figures. I like it.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I bought every Lost figure from the EE sale too. I'm at work so I don't have the evidence in front of me, but I remember checking for swivel arms on every figure...maybe it was Hurley, Jacob, Man in Black, or John Locke that didn't have swivel arms. If I had to guess it was Locke because I probably pondered why the character with kick-butt survival, knife wielding ways didn't benefit from swivel arms.

Originally posted by samurainoir
                Jack, Sayid, and Miles definitely had swivel arms. I purchased them in quantity during the holiday sale for customs. For the record, the plastic on the Lost figures seems fragile... the hip pins break easily. My go-to custom body of choice remains Doc Mego's swivel arm body with torso screws, but these will work in a pinch if you are gentle with them.

The Shatner TZ has swivel arms.

IIRC Venture Brothes had swivels as well.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

resurrecting this dead thread in case anyone is looking for parts figures so Drac can cross his hands over his chest in the coffin, or so Spock can stand with his hands behind him at parade rest as he often did on Trek.

Plus - I wanted to see if anyone knew if the bodies with the screws (as used on the Universal Monster line) were on any other figures.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎