X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

NECA Toyfair Interview

Interesting new revelations... they are doing their own versions of the Kenner Animal/Alien mash-ups... i.e. Gorilla Alien, Mantis Alien etc.

Also EVERYTHING they have shown at Toy Fair is only 6 months worth of product?! Astonishing the range of product. So we'll see that 1/4 Alien, Chris Reeve Superman, Devito Penguin before Aug.

Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 3, '15, 12:53 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Falk discusses his love of the Mego format, and how he grew up with them, but has updated the aesthetic.

Misfits figure would not have happened if not for this format, and Interstellar also benefits for the quicker turnaround with the Mego format (and affordability). He compares the price point and Hot Toys.

Also points out the original art that they commission for the packaging.

Last edited by samurainoir; Mar 3, '15, 1:09 AM.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

He said the magic words: 2 foot Hulk.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

NECA appears to offer a lotta bang for our bucks. I feel lucky that NECA makes stuff that I can justify buyin---licenses I really love like Rambo, Gremlins---and ROCKY! Geez, it sounds like they are gonna ROCK with new ROCKY product later this year!
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Neca is really bringing quality and original ideas to the Mego format. They are absolutely fighting to grab that top spot with a great array of quality licenses. Just awesome stuff.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Yep, as far as I'm concerned, they have that top shot, no contest.

I'm just hoping they won't go overboard, get too many licences, and then lose grip. That was what happened to BBP.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎