X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Fisher Price Adventure People Store Displays

I'm currently working on the 1978 Fisher Price Catalog, it's large so it's taking a some time. One of the things I love about any old toy catalog are the occasional shot of a store display, they're usually pretty biased to one thing but they give a little look of what was. I thought I'd share these today and give a taste of what's to come.
    Above is a display of individual Adventure Team figures, I don't think I ever got individual figures as a kid but I remember flicking through this rack to see all of the characters.

An entire display of Daredevil Sky Divers, a skydiver that really worked. I got one for Easter 1979, and bought one for my son last year.

The aisle of adventure, I don't think I ever saw a store this well stocked with Adventure People, I think I'd remember that.

More Fisher Price:

1977 Fisher Price Catalog

1983 Fisher Price Adventure People Catalog

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That's cool. I still have a couple of the Adventure People Sci-fi characters. Neat toys.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 1, 2005

Wow, love those display pics. I don't really remember seeing Adventure People displays in the stores. I can't recall whether I got individual figures either, but I'm pretty sure I got a couple of those carded sets, like the one with the yellow/orange raft.

This is a toy line that someday, I would really like to be able to collect fully.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I really loved these as a kid. I still have the Sea Explorer boat to someday pass down to my son
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Wow, great pics, Brian! They really can take you back.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Great stuff Brian,man I loved those things
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
              • Oct 8, 2007

I have the Sea Kayak and Paddler dude, but he fell in a can of paint in the 80's, and never looked Right. I have his girlfriend the hiker chick as well. Not in the best shape but originals of mine.
              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I never had any, but my best friend had a bunch, including the sky diver set and that green minivan, both of which I played with quite a bit. Cool pics.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

I had the sky diver among others that I've mentioned in a previous thread. Thought I would add to my geekness by admitting that I saved up some birthday money in '79 and bought the boy figure to use as a Boxey with my Mattel Batlestar Galactica figures.
                  It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎