X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Original Kiss Mego Repro?

We never really had a chance to get the set that was reproduced from the 70s on the Kiss line did we?
    Plus maybe it's time to repro the repro?
    Last edited by zeedox; Mar 1, '15, 5:37 PM. Reason: spelling
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

You can still get the 70's reproductions as a complete set in the 8 inch format. The 12 inch variety are pretty affordable even in the original Mego format. Plus if you want even more 12 inch KISS, FTC has a slew of them for sale on their website in addition to more coming. Rumor has it that Dynasty may be around the corner.

Comment

• firestarcomics
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 19, 2014

I have been waiting for Dynasty for how many months? How long have we waited for another set since last year's single release? I don't count Dressed to Kill and Alive 1975 as two series since they were both the exact same figures with just costume changes. I own the 13in Alive figures but am kinda bumbed out at the decision to only release 1 set in two costume variations being that DTK was NOT an impressive costume choice?! The Farrow should have ALWAYS been the choice for ALL the sets released since Sonic Boom and Monster seem to be the worst sellers of these sets. What's the scoop on a Dynasty release date? It be nice if FTC would have done a tiny sneak peak of Dynasty. I wonder what the politics were that kept FTC from printing anything regarding Dynasty on the back of the Alive 75 blister card? Im thinking the poor sales of both Sonic Boom and Monster were a HUGE factor? I have the 13in Sonic Boom Gene and the hair is a COMPLETE disaster,crappy quality and looks like a small, blind child was allowed to cut it. I cannot image what the rest of the figures look like? Yikes! I have been told that the 8in sets for these two lines suffer from an issue with the GIANT head scale? Anywho, I hope Dynasty will be coming pretty darn soon because we are almost close on those adorable 3 3/4 in KISS figures WITH instruments!!!!!!!!!!!! I do wonder two things? How will FTC handle Peter Criss' lion cape AND if we will ever see an Eric Carr figure? There is NO doubt the Farrow will make another splendid set!! The man is just too amazing.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
        • Nov 6, 2012

Originally posted by firestarcomics
        I have been waiting for Dynasty for how many months? How long have we waited for another set since last year's single release? I don't count Dressed to Kill and Alive 1975 as two series since they were both the exact same figures with just costume changes. I own the 13in Alive figures but am kinda bumbed out at the decision to only release 1 set in two costume variations being that DTK was NOT an impressive costume choice?! The Farrow should have ALWAYS been the choice for ALL the sets released since Sonic Boom and Monster seem to be the worst sellers of these sets. What's the scoop on a Dynasty release date? It be nice if FTC would have done a tiny sneak peak of Dynasty. I wonder what the politics were that kept FTC from printing anything regarding Dynasty on the back of the Alive 75 blister card? Im thinking the poor sales of both Sonic Boom and Monster were a HUGE factor? I have the 13in Sonic Boom Gene and the hair is a COMPLETE disaster,crappy quality and looks like a small, blind child was allowed to cut it. I cannot image what the rest of the figures look like? Yikes! I have been told that the 8in sets for these two lines suffer from an issue with the GIANT head scale? Anywho, I hope Dynasty will be coming pretty darn soon because we are almost close on those adorable 3 3/4 in KISS figures WITH instruments!!!!!!!!!!!! I do wonder two things? How will FTC handle Peter Criss' lion cape AND if we will ever see an Eric Carr figure? There is NO doubt the Farrow will make another splendid set!! The man is just too amazing.

My guess about not seeing Dynasty figures on the cards from previous models is not due to politics but because they were not done at the time of the printing. That was something like a year ago (perhaps more?). Since there has not been an update since, my guess is that they are still not done. From the looks of it, the Farrow has been busy working on other sculpts for them as well... who knows. Dynasty will be great, I bet! (if it ever happens!)

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

FTC actually repurchased the KISS license for another run of figures. I think the majority stake has been successful. Some might have flown off the virtual shelves faster than others, but the development stage is definitely into high gear for the next segment of KISS goodness.

Comment

• firestarcomics
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 19, 2014

Yeah, it takes a lot of paperwork,money and politics to get things made. Im very happy with the Farrow's amazing work. I think FTC is VERY lucky to have gotten him as their star sculptor because this shows that FTC really cares about their products. So, far im enjoying the retro Mego figures and happy that Neca is following that trend.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              Defender of the Megoverse
              • Dec 30, 2008

FTC needs to get the next wave of KISS figures going. I think that FTC could have skipped doing Dressed to Kill and Just done Alive. They could have down 2 good waves instead of 1.5.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

KISS is the only line I'm interested in and I have to assume at least one of these Friday announcements will be about them.

Having said that, I only bought the first two waves of 8"...loose... and I bought loose Farrow heads, which I was somewhat disappointed in. I hope they redo them for future waves. I'm looking forward to Destroyer costumes and I would like to see them update the Love Gun outfits as well.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yep. A modern twist on the Love Gun era would be very cool.

Comment

• firestarcomics
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 19, 2014

Im hoping they come out by May! Im a little tired of waiting. I LOVE the Farrow's work and boy, is that guy busy. I wouldn't mind if he re used one of the countless sculpts he's made of KISS from his customs. I agree on you with the Dressed to Kill Series however, I think what hurt the line was Monster,Sonic Boom and the VERY poor quality of those two figure sets. It would be nice if FTC or CTVT (same deal) sold the 12in platform boots for customizing along with the costumes. I like the Farrow's heads and saw that they were selling the 8in heads of his however, how do you attach those? I once tried to remove Gene's head from the 8in body and almost broke his neck in half! Sonic Boom Gene's hair is a complete disaster! It would be nice to reroot his entire head with new hair and curl that sucker however, I would hate to break his neck and ruin the figure. I honestly wonder how many Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer figures FTC sold? I can't picture anyone really getting down with anyone other than the ORIGINAL founding members!!! Now, we need Eric Carr the Fox and fat chance we will see Vinnie Vincent

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎