Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmhorse
    • Jan 25, 2010

painting zica yvonne hands

what is the best paint to dye to use on the Yvonne hands. since the hands are flexible paint usually cracks or peels off eventually. any one find a method that works well?

thanks
  • Actorjez
    • Sep 17, 2014

Have you tried the spray paint that's made for vinyl automotive interiors? I've used that with great success on flexible pieces for 6" customs. I'm hoping to try it soon on Mego wrists, hoping that the plastic absorbs the color enough to prevent paint rub.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

i just varnish them after painting and have had no peeling or cracking

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

If hands are made of vinyl nothing tops Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spray paint. Available in automotive stores (Western Auto, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, Autozone, etc.)

Comment

• Actorjez
          • Sep 17, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
          If hands are made of vinyl nothing tops Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spray paint. Available in automotive stores (Western Auto, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, Autozone, etc.)
          That's the stuff I was talking about. Couldn't remember the brand name.

Comment

• cmhorse
            • Jan 25, 2010

Thanks for the info. I will pass it on to my friends who also do dolls for the model horse showers.( That is how I got started collecting and customising Megos) I still do a few occasionally and just got some yvonnes to work with.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎