X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
    I've mentioned before that I'd love to see 2-packs with the original likeness or first appearance next to the current, movie or tv likeness for many characters.

JeffBearCO

Like the old Toy Biz X-Men Mutations Sets!

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
      It has nothing to do with "being center of the universe" ....If FTC wants MY money,they need to show me something or otherwise my toy spending budget goes ELSEWHERE! Is that hard for you to understand? They haven't showed us really anything,but gave us some announcements and showed us Robin/Gleek whoopidty-doo!

What is ridiculous is someone telling me I should be "grateful" to buy toys or any materialistic thing from a company for things that I do not really need

I am not asking much to be shown product or be given some real pre-order updates so I can plan/budget or otherwise I'll just spend my money elsewhere.....I am not the only one who wants to see some pre-orders so we can plan out
      Well, to be fair, he said you should be grateful that FTC is teasing/announcing so many Mego lines, not to be grateful to buy anything

I wish we could go back to the days where new stuff just showed up in the toy aisle one day, no prior notice outside of a toy pamphlet that was in an earlier series that showed what was coming. I think in this day and age, we expect way too much because we are given way too much. Like news from FTC every Friday. It doesn't seem to have helped any more than having no formal announcements and speculation running rampant. Now we want more.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Boywonder0
        Well... Could it be then that neither FTC nor myself care about what you think, what you say or how you spend your money?
        you don't care what I think but you felt the need to tell me I should to be grateful to spend my money with FTC and that as a paying customer, I shouldn't want to know what product is coming besides the "announcements" they gave with no actual product or pre-order's to show for...how much do you get to kiss FTC's butt and tell others they should be grateful to buy FTC product?

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Well, to be fair, he said you should be grateful that FTC is teasing/announcing so many Mego lines, not to be grateful to buy anything

I wish we could go back to the days where new stuff just showed up in the toy aisle one day, no prior notice outside of a toy pamphlet that was in an earlier series that showed what was coming. I think in this day and age, we expect way too much because we are given way too much. Like news from FTC every Friday. It doesn't seem to have helped any more than having no formal announcements and speculation running rampant. Now we want more.
          that is what I mean....I don't just collect Mego's,I collect many other lines.If FTC wants my money for these "announcements",then show me something

Again,where is Wave 4 DC Batman and wave 4 66 Batman?

They have not posted anything new to order since last year (3 stoogers and gilligan island)...speculation is now getting old.Give me the next wave of 66 Batman and i'll shutup (for a while)

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
            "you don't care what I think but you felt the need to tell me I should to be grateful..."
            No. I just felt the need to make you aware of how ridiculous you sounded. But since you are ungrateful by nature I am now going to let you keep sounding the way you sound. ;-)

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

No. I just felt the need to make you aware of how ridiculous you sounded. But since you are ungrateful by nature I am now going to let you keep sounding the way you sound. ;-)
              you're ridiculous for somehow feeling "grateful" to buy toys as if FTC is doing you a favor

th.jpeg

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Now that FTC has established a relationship with the Museum and are sharing new info with us first I think a little less negativity would be nice. Every week isn't going to be a "Scooby Doo" announcement, and complaining about it makes the lot of us seem like an ungrateful bunch. Telling FTC to stop "wasting our time" with "lame" product announcements is really not very cool, especially considering how much great stuff they have already released and have planned for the future.
                If these updated figures aren't your cup of tea, fine...they're not really mine either, but I'm not about to put them down because I know there are those that DO like them, and I think it's great FTC is sharing news with us.
                Amen, brutha.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Well... Could it be then that neither FTC nor myself care about what you think, what you say or how you spend your money?
                  FTC should care how he spends his money and what he thinks, he is part of the customer base.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

I like getting an annoucement of new toy lines like these Justice League and Scooby doo but having pre orders availabe helps out a lot.
                    While getting excited a bout new products I am still waiting on pre orders of Shazam family , Hawkman. Flash, Green Lantern , Titans
                    Scarecrow etc. Once I can get these on pre order I can plan for NEW stuff. FTC is going to produce and sell these products and it is good for them
                    to know our positives and negatives to help improve sales. I seriously doubt that they will quit announcing stuff just because some collectors like
                    myself are getting impatient waiting . The fact that we are posting here shows FTC that we are waitng to buy their products

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jayraytee
                      Positive and negative feedback are both valid for FTC to gauge it's customer base. I am sure they want to produce what people will want and buy, and probably want to know what people don't like to some degree before they produce an item, instead of after. It's because of the negative feedback they recieved that they have addressed several issues including the big head issue and the too tight bodies. On one hand I don't like it when people follow a product and are never happy and always complain, because I want to say... then stop following the product. On the other hand, some people can lean in the other direction and see everything through rose colored glasses and then try and clamp down on any comment that is not positive. I don't think that is helpful either. The internet in general and message boards are notorious for struggling with this issue, because everyone is opinionated and everyone wants to voice that opinion even if they are not very objective in their reasoning.

FTC has, like all the other reMego companies, done great things but not always in a great way. We all want them to improve, we can agree on that. I just hope that this new connection to the museum that FTC has doesn't stifle anything other than praise. They need a clear picture of what their fanbase wants (especially considering how small it is), they need an objective and balanced view. Which might mean not taking any one persons opinion but an avergae of the whole collective opinion, both good and bad.
                      Well said good Sir!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• spiderman67
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 28, 2010

The old saying"you can't please all of the people all of the time,but you can please some of the people some of the time" definitely applies here. Everyone here should have there opinions taken into consideration,good or bad but at the end of the day, what FTC releases is what they feel the majority wants and moving product is the name of the game.
                        Take two mego's and call me in the morning.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

All things considered, there are worse problems than having people eager to see what is next coming down the line and very eager to pre-order just based off promises for items they really want.

I'm in the VERY EAGER category. I'm ready to plunk down some money and get some toys! Sorry, Collectable Action Figures. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• firestarcomics
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 19, 2014

I love Wonder Woman but I NEVER understood WHY Mego thought it would be a great idea to put ANY Wonder Woman or female superhero in a pajama onesie type outfit? I know it was the early 70s but COME ON baby!!!! The printed tattoo tiara on poor Wonder Woman's forehead is just disturbing and someone once asked me, "WHY would anyone tattoo a tiara on her head instead of just making one for her to wear?" I always see Supergirl at my retail work place and the stocking part of her legs is just too darn BIG so, they look like a 7yr old girl wearing grandma's stockings???? Why not just skip ALL the onesies and actually do an actual swimsuit style outfit that's actually ACCURATE?!!! IF FTC can go out of their way to do pinstripe suits then what's the problem with a swimsuit for Wonder Woman and a proper set of boots, tiara and bracelets? In the meantime, Wonder Woman remains trapped in an ill fitting costume onesie,tattooed head and those weird little boots that are the wrong scale with the red peaks printed on the onesie!!!!! That poor Mego doll deserved so much better than this. Im just weeping over poor Wonder Woman. TEARS

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Of all of the superhero figures FTC has coming down the line, Wonder Woman has the most potential for improvement. But I know that also means that she is one of the most high pressure ones to get right. She pretty much needs to be redone from the ground up, even if they don't redo the female body.

New head sculpt with separate tiara.
                              New pattern for the swimsuit. It will probably still be printed on the fabric, but at least no leggings or arms. I'd actually be OK with straps printed in flesh color if they did it right. Once they have the pattern down, there are almost endless variations on the style for the eagle/WW symbol that can be printed on it.
                              High boots with white stripes.
                              Bracelets.

I can see it as causing a lot of back and forth to get right though.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                                Of all of the superhero figures FTC has coming down the line, Wonder Woman has the most potential for improvement. But I know that also means that she is one of the most high pressure ones to get right. She pretty much needs to be redone from the ground up, even if they don't redo the female body.

New head sculpt with separate tiara.
                                New pattern for the swimsuit. It will probably still be printed on the fabric, but at least no leggings or arms. I'd actually be OK with straps printed in flesh color if they did it right. Once they have the pattern down, there are almost endless variations on the style for the eagle/WW symbol that can be printed on it.
                                High boots with white stripes.
                                Bracelets.

I can see it as causing a lot of back and forth to get right though.

JeffBearCO
                                Everything you said! I can't figure out why she's the only figure, other than Aquaman, that doesn't get actual boots instead of short boots over printed pajamas?! Why not? She has ZERO accessories. Look at the Green Lanter. Hat, bow, boots, quiver. Even Catwoman with her oven-mitt gloves has decent boots.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎