Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

The updates are fine. I might pick them up.

My disappointment comes from still not having single releases of the Mego Repros of Green Arrow, Aquaman and Captain Marvel.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Yawn. Same old same old.

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I actually really dig this announcement. I am all in for the improvements. However, it would have been wiser to mix these with some figures, like Hawkman, Back Canary- just something new. It appears like we are seeing nothing but repeats. Just keep it fun with some new stuff.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

I like Shazam, Aquaman, Batman and will probably buy 2 each of all of them but I am starting to wonder if these 6 figures are going to keep getting put out
          with every wave or variations Justice League, WGH, Superfriends, Fist Fighters etc. FTC is putting out 66 Batman and Robin in every wave and slight variations
          to 4 Kiss figures that appear in every wave. I'm sure the Superfriends will have differant heads but will include at least 4 of the six. I hope they mix in
          the new figures also Martian Manhunter, Black Canary Atom etc. I do think these look a lot better than those mattel dc retros that I wasted a lot of money on.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I'd like updated

Batgirl- Black bodysuit, painted yellow hands, red purse w/ black bat emblem like 1st appearance by artist Carmine Infantino!

Supergirl- Puffy sleeves and boots!

Robin- Painted green hands, cloth elastic BLACK belt w/ YELLOW buckle!

Joker- Minor but PURPLE hands/gloves!

Catwoman- Painted blue hands and original blue legs!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

I see that they did some updates on WW but it seems like too little. Would it have been that much of a stretch to redo the suit minus legs and sleeves (think 1 piece bathing suit) and add plastic bracelets and plastic boots? That would have made a world of difference to me. As shown, WW is just a re-hash of what has been. Superman got belt loops. Batman's logo shrank. Shazam got a new cape. Aquaman got green hands instead of oven mitts, etc. What's really new?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
                Especially Wonder Woman's outfit.

Just as baggy as the original.

Very disappointing on FTC's part.

Couldn't agree more. I was soooo hoping for more exciting news!

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                  I like Shazam, Aquaman, Batman and will probably buy 2 each of all of them but I am starting to wonder if these 6 figures are going to keep getting put out
                  with every wave or variations Justice League, WGH, Superfriends, Fist Fighters etc. FTC is putting out 66 Batman and Robin in every wave and slight variations
                  to 4 Kiss figures that appear in every wave. I'm sure the Superfriends will have differant heads but will include at least 4 of the six. I hope they mix in
                  the new figures also Martian Manhunter, Black Canary Atom etc. I do think these look a lot better than those mattel dc retros that I wasted a lot of money on.
                  I emailed FTC a while back and asked if we'd ever see Dr Fate and Spectre as those are two I wanted from RetroAction, and the reply was ..maybe Dr Fate. I got the feeling that they won't go too obscure and stick with mainly the heavy hitters. Keeping that core group in rotation to help carry the line.
                  My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                    I see that they did some updates on WW but it seems like too little. Would it have been that much of a stretch to redo the suit minus legs and sleeves (think 1 piece bathing suit) and add plastic bracelets and plastic boots? That would have made a world of difference to me. As shown, WW is just a re-hash of what has been. Superman got belt loops. Batman's logo shrank. Shazam got a new cape. Aquaman got green hands instead of oven mitts, etc. What's really new?
                    That's how I felt too, until I read this:

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                    That is a bit disappointing.

But on closer inspection, there have been some minor tweaks to all of them.
                    Green Arrow's accessories are now a much lighter green. It is more accurate to the picture. I can't tell how his gloves are done but they do look better than Matel's. His feather is now lighter than the rest of his hat. Nice detail.

Shazam has more accurate boots and the cape is a great improvement. I can't tell if they printed the "flowers" on it or not. Much better than the plain yellow from the original Mego figure. Plus the arm bands now have black lines. Yes, the symbol is much too large.

Aquaman now has green trunks instead of black. Plus the arm bands and hands instead of oven mitts. The belt looks a little thicker than the first run.

Batman's gloves got a similar treatment to Aquaman. No oven mitts. Trunks now match the cape. The cape is still one layer - not lined. Also I had hoped we had seen the end of his the short cape. And yes, the symbol is too small. If they were going to go with all blue, I would have gone with a darker blue since the blue was supposed to represent a highlight on black.

Wonder Woman now has white stripes on her PRINTED boots. She does seem to have a rope now at least. This whole design still gets an uber-fail from me. With a stiff enough material gathered on either side at the bottom, they could do her one piece and not even have to use clear straps the way Matel did. Tiara is still printed on her Wonder-high forehead.

Superman now has belt loops but still no buckle that I can see.

All of them are now bound in their packages with twist ties again! That shows a marked improvement!

And none of them are on the FTC web site for pre-order.

*sigh*

Other than Green Arrow and Shazam, I don't see any justification for my buying any of these. It mainly makes me want a 2 pack for this Green Arrow with a similarly improved Speedy (long pants) and maybe a Captain Marvel figure in a 2 pack with Marvel Jr.

It also hints by using the Justice League logo that the whole Justice League may be up for grabs at a future date. Hope and Potential!

If anyone else spotted anything else, let me know.

JeffBearCO
                    Then I went back and looked and thought... Oh! I see the tweaks now!

Nothing earth shattering, and as JeffBearCo wrote at the end, many may not see the justification for buying any of these.

If these are space fillers that help FTC recoup some cost on the molds, that's fine. Hopefully it doesn't take away from a true comic JLA line, with new head sculpts, etc., or prevent single carded releases of Aquaman, Green Arrow and Captain Marvel. I am starting to kick myself for not buying that GA\Aquaman two pack.

Comment

• rjm118
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 25, 2012

Very disappointed. They have too many licenses and are losing focus. I'm out until I start seeing somethingactually New. You can repackage the same figure 5 different ways and call it a " big announcement". It's just a lame.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

While these don't "pop" for me personally I do appreciate the way FTC is offering up another uniform looking line. Translation: For now I have settled on a Series 1 and 2 of the Super Powers assortment because I like them to match. The changes between the first Batman series to the Superman series drove me nuts. Made the carded display look really sloppy for my tastes. So in this I would consider these types of releases ones to be purchased as complete sets.

At this point I am completely happy with what FTC is doing with the figures. Sure there are issues but they are few and far between outside of nitpicking and each new release seems to address the previous problem. With that hope imagine how sweet the NEW figures will indeed be?

I have hope and I like that.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

When Mattel put out the 6" dc universe figures a few years ago they got carried away with 3rd stringer dc figures like Omac and Kammandi etc.
                          Sales dropped and these sat at retail stores for months and it help kill the line. Mattel tried to go to core DC charector's but it was too late.
                          FTC is playing it safe and sticking with big names over and over but some charector's outside the dc icons will sell like Black Canary .
                          My daughter has a Black Canary Barbie that i bought her years ago and she still keeps on her shelf with Wonderwoman Barbie

Comment

• nobody
                            banjo!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

I LOVE the 3rd stringers. So does Austin.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure I consider The Spectre & Dr. Fate too obscure. At any rate, I think fans will want Black Canary, Plastic Man, Firestorm, Atom--In addition to Flash, Green Lantern & Hawkman. Even Red Tornado. They're all classic JLA IMO.

More obscure characters that might still do well could be the Doom Patrol.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Hopefully Warner Bros/DC successful foray on the small screen will help expose more people to their stable of characters.

Black Canary is a must as she is a major character on "Arrow".

Between "Arrow" and "The Flash", we are seeing, although in different forms than the comics, Firestorm, The Atom and many of the Flash Rogues. "Supergirl" may help push character awareness too.

I know that does not translate to sales. Many people watching those shows may not buy toys, or want toys that look like the TV characters. But any increased awareness helps.

That said, and OT, I wouldn't mind seeing FTC dip into the DC TV properties for figures.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎