Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Who's hyping it?
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

I just have to govern my own expectations about the announcements. My hope of seeing GL, Hawkman or Flash after the "Just Us" clue had more to do with my miner disappointment than the actual announcement.

Seeing Robin and Gleek was great, the news about Scooby Doo was fun and this one is nice, too.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I guessed it 1st! JLA! I like the updates! Shazam is my fave- most corrections- yellow Conan boots! Green Arrow is next accurate gloves and different shades of green! Wonder Woman has correct tiara, lasso, and white stripes on boots! I like light blue on Superman and Batman! I wish Batman's eyes were whited out NO pupils and black shadow on cowl would be nice! Aquaman's shirt is orange rather than yellow orange, green trunks! NO ovenmitts on Batman and Aquaman!

I wonder if NEW Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman and MORE will be in JLA series?

I guess it was too expensive for FTC to do NEW HEADS on these 6 JLA figures?

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I think my main disappointment is that there still isn't anything on these lines that I can order yet, or even pre-order. If the news on GA and Shazam had dropped today along with a pre-order page, I probably would have ordered at least one of them.

My birthday is in March. No new figures makes Jeff a sad panda. LOL

JeffBearCO
          Last edited by jeffbearco; Feb 27, '15, 3:30 PM.

Comment

• megowgsh
            Customego HoF Curator
            • Nov 19, 2003

What an incredible waste of time. Rehashing the same figures is getting so, so very old.

"Oh, but it is the small emblem Batman variant and the belt loop Superman variant and the big gaudy lightning bolt Shazam variant and the... !" Who gives a rat's pitoot!

Call me when something meaningful happens again. I'll be in my basement making customs of the characters that should be made and making meaningful variants of my favorite characters. Not slight variations which Mego would have passed off as a factory error or a "hey we ran out of green fabric so let's use yellow until the shipment arrives" production variation.

So frustrating and disappointing!
            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• SpaceAgent
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 21, 2009

I like the idea of these, particularly that GA, Shazam and Aquaman will be released separately on their own cards (non-Fist-Fighting variations). Plus, a JLA sub-line sets up future figures like Green Lantern, the Flash, the Atom, etc.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I like these--the small tweaks please me, and I don't feel ripped off because I hadn't yet ordered any of these characters except Batman.

Seems to me BTW that WW's suit fits better this go-around, and her tiara, while still painted, is the right shape.

In almost every instance, these are what I'd have wished for as a kid for "updates." I do wish Aquaman had a scaled top, though,
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Random Axe
                  I see this as win-win. We are getting new versions of figures that many have passed on because they didn't need exact replicas of originals they already had and FTC is able to use existing product. Anytime you can repurpose what you already have on-hand maximizes profits and extends the life of the company and the line itself. FTC is offering those little tweaks we always said we would like. Go back and dig up a thread or two about "what one thing would you change?" and I bet a bunch of what you see today is on that list. I think these are fantastic even if some of the changes are minor.
                  I'm with you on that, which is why I'm left to wonder about pricepoint and inventory.

As Bronx implied, if the announcement was the release of the pieces-parts, then sales would erupt. Same with offering no-figure cardbacks. And the price could be broken down to where it's equal or even less to buy a complete MOC figure. But to say all-or-nothing makes me decide between waiting for SuperFriends or other '66 figures.

...and to be character accurate, can they white out Batman's eyes, finally? I agree with those asking for a different head paint.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
                    What an incredible waste of time. Rehashing the same figures is getting so, so very old.

"Oh, but it is the small emblem Batman variant and the belt loop Superman variant and the big gaudy lightning bolt Shazam variant and the... !" Who gives a rat's pitoot!

Call me when something meaningful happens again. I'll be in my basement making customs of the characters that should be made and making meaningful variants of my favorite characters. Not slight variations which Mego would have passed off as a factory error or a "hey we ran out of green fabric so let's use yellow until the shipment arrives" production variation.

So frustrating and disappointing!
                    Such passion!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I like these--the small tweaks please me, and I don't feel ripped off because I hadn't yet ordered any of these characters except Batman.

Seems to me BTW that WW's suit fits better this go-around, and her tiara, while still painted, is the right shape.

In almost every instance, these are what I'd have wished for as a kid for "updates." I do wish Aquaman had a scaled top, though,
                      You mimic my every thought on this topic.
                      I think these are great.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• megowgsh
                        Customego HoF Curator
                        • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                        Such passion!
                        I am nothing if not passionate!
                        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by boss
                          Who's hyping it?
                          Look, most people are waiting on the new characters or new lines or new series of existing lines, Super Friends, etc. A good amount of the fanbase has been waiting 40 years for some of these figures. A lot of people are already waiting with baited breath to see the figures they've always wanted. It's been hinted at for a while that some will be coming this year. Hype is built upon this cultural climate by having to wait a week for a new announcement and the teases/hints posted by FTC. This is why you will see some outrage and disapointment to the announcements if they are variants or some other minor bit of news. I am not saying variants are horrible, I am not saying they shouldn't be made or that FTC is stupid for making them. I am saying if you are not sensitive to your audience you run the risk of disapointing them greatly and getting a lot of negative backlash.

Then you will see a lot of posts about how people don't understand the negativity.. these are the updates we've always wanted right? Aren't these improvements? etc. etc. I am telling you why the negativity is and will happen both here and on facebook.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

pre-orders for "something" would be nice

FTC hasn't posted any good pre-orders in ages...what! do they plan on listing everything at once? well,that will just bite them in the arse

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

did they tweak the boots as well? Does Batman have pointed top boots?
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by pmwasson
                                A belt buckle would be nice. Here is a Superman belt I made recently:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14170[/ATTACH]
                                I NEED THAT!!!

Do you have them at your site?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎