Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megalomaniac001
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

I really can't complain about the variety of stuff we are getting now. I am actually glad that this line up does not excite me too much. So far FTC has announced that we would be getting SF vs LOD, and Scooby Doo! My wallet is going to have trouble keeping up with those alone! We have not seen much in the way of new figures (available for sale!) for awhile, I hope it is because FTC is working to fix the head size issue. Perhaps these JLA figures will fill in some space while that is addressed? At any rate, I like the improvements, kind of a "what if Mego had thought of this" kind of thing.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

CW is planning an Arrow and Flash spin-off of a TEAM of DC heroes including Atom, Firestorm, Captain Cold, and the actress who was 1st Black Canary on Arrow will play another character PLUS 3 MAJOR DC characters who have NEVER appeared in live-action! Then there is Supergirl with recent casting goodness (Dean Cain and Helen Slater in pilot! *I bet as Supergirl's parents!) and the TNT Titans pilot reportedly with Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Barbara Gordon, Hawk, and Dove! DC is building a TV UNIVERSE! These shows will drive FTC DC sales!

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

FTC sales

Originally posted by ovenmitt
        CW is planning an Arrow and Flash spin-off of a TEAM of DC heroes including Atom, Firestorm, Captain Cold, and the actress who was 1st Black Canary on Arrow will play another character PLUS 3 MAJOR DC characters who have NEVER appeared in live-action! Then there is Supergirl with recent casting goodness (Dean Cain and Helen Slater in pilot! *I bet as Supergirl's parents!) and the TNT Titans pilot reportedly with Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Barbara Gordon, Hawk, and Dove! DC is building a TV UNIVERSE! These shows will drive FTC DC sales!
        Does anyone outside the comic book stores even know these exist? FTC would do well to get these products into Walmart or Target.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

It would be nice if they also upgraded Catwoman in the purple suit and a penguin 2.0 in 7" body( classic blue suit). It also seems funny that FTC has made a
          green hooded cloak if there not doing the Spectre. Swamp thing is also on my wish list

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Penguin never wore blue except in that aberrant Super Powers deco. Unless you also think Superman's hair is blue .

I do like the idea of a shorter version, though.

Regarding The Spectre, I'd lean more towards a sculpted hood, just my aesthetic preference.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

I've mentioned before that I'd love to see 2-packs with the original likeness or first appearance next to the current, movie or tv likeness for many characters.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

This figures sell well are Hastings around here.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
                  I am nothing if not passionate!
                  Hey---FTC should know---you play with a bull---you get THE HORNS!

"No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Now that FTC has established a relationship with the Museum and are sharing new info with us first I think a little less negativity would be nice. Every week isn't going to be a "Scooby Doo" announcement, and complaining about it makes the lot of us seem like an ungrateful bunch. Telling FTC to stop "wasting our time" with "lame" product announcements is really not very cool, especially considering how much great stuff they have already released and have planned for the future.
                    If these updated figures aren't your cup of tea, fine...they're not really mine either, but I'm not about to put them down because I know there are those that DO like them, and I think it's great FTC is sharing news with us.

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Positive and negative feedback are both valid for FTC to gauge it's customer base. I am sure they want to produce what people will want and buy, and probably want to know what people don't like to some degree before they produce an item, instead of after. It's because of the negative feedback they recieved that they have addressed several issues including the big head issue and the too tight bodies. On one hand I don't like it when people follow a product and are never happy and always complain, because I want to say... then stop following the product. On the other hand, some people can lean in the other direction and see everything through rose colored glasses and then try and clamp down on any comment that is not positive. I don't think that is helpful either. The internet in general and message boards are notorious for struggling with this issue, because everyone is opinionated and everyone wants to voice that opinion even if they are not very objective in their reasoning.

FTC has, like all the other reMego companies, done great things but not always in a great way. We all want them to improve, we can agree on that. I just hope that this new connection to the museum that FTC has doesn't stifle anything other than praise. They need a clear picture of what their fanbase wants (especially considering how small it is), they need an objective and balanced view. Which might mean not taking any one persons opinion but an avergae of the whole collective opinion, both good and bad.
                      Last edited by jayraytee; Mar 1, '15, 10:36 AM.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• megonaught
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 29, 2008

Ya know with all the new stuff coming it would be nice if FTC could shave
                        About 5.00 off their asking price.
                        They must be doing well and would be better if the prices were alittle lower.
                        Just a thought.
                        Action Jackson is his name.
                        Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          Now that FTC has established a relationship with the Museum and are sharing new info with us first I think a little less negativity would be nice. Every week isn't going to be a "Scooby Doo" announcement, and complaining about it makes the lot of us seem like an ungrateful bunch. Telling FTC to stop "wasting our time" with "lame" product announcements is really not very cool, especially considering how much great stuff they have already released and have planned for the future.
                          If these updated figures aren't your cup of tea, fine...they're not really mine either, but I'm not about to put them down because I know there are those that DO like them, and I think it's great FTC is sharing news with us.
                          I'm mostly bored of announcements with no pre-orders or No product to really show off during these "announcements"

All we hear about how 2015 is going to be packed (and still nothing to pre-order and here we are now in the month of March) and then we constantly hear about that we are going to get this character or characters we never thought we'd get and still nothing to pre-order.Yes we know Batgirl,Freeze,Tut,Catwoman are coming! show it already instead of talking about it and repeating the same rhetoric (megomoose)

Where is Batman 66 wave 4??

With so Many toys we collect (not just FTC only),Some people need to budget to buy these figures and plan ahead.If FTC plans on listing pre-orders all at once for these new announcements,it's going to bite them in the arse and most folks will have to pick and choose lines to buy instead wanting to buy them all.

I want some pre-orders.I want some products reveals and wave listings so I (we) can plan out...so far 2015 has nothing to get excited about until I see some pre-orders and product of these "announcements"

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

^^^So you want FTC to release product per your collecting schedule? You must think you are the center of the universe or alike... You should be grateful that FTC is teasing/announcing so many Mego lines. All the lines FTC had said they would make they had done! They have a proven record that they deliver!!! But per your collecting schedule/agenda???... That's both funny and ridiculous...^^^

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                              ^^^So you want FTC to release product per your collecting schedule? You must think you are the center of the universe or alike... You should be grateful that FTC is teasing/announcing so many Mego lines. All the lines FTC had said they would make they had done! They have a proven record that they deliver!!! But per your collecting schedule/agenda???... That's both funny and ridiculous...^^^
                              It has nothing to do with "being center of the universe" ....If FTC wants MY money,they need to show me something or otherwise my toy spending budget goes ELSEWHERE! Is that hard for you to understand? They haven't showed us really anything,but gave us some announcements and showed us Robin/Gleek whoopidty-doo!

What is ridiculous is someone telling me I should be "grateful" to buy toys or any materialistic thing from a company for things that I do not really need

I am not asking much to be shown product or be given some real pre-order updates so I can plan/budget or otherwise I'll just spend my money elsewhere.....I am not the only one who wants to see some pre-orders so we can plan out

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                                "If FTC wants MY money,they need to show me something or otherwise my toy spending budget goes ELSEWHERE! Is that hard for you to understand?"
                                Well... Could it be then that neither FTC nor myself care about what you think, what you say or how you spend your money?
                                Last edited by Boywonder0; Mar 1, '15, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎