X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

We have it!

I just got my newsletter! Just us indeed! I'm not posting spoilers, but look for your newsletters.
    JediJaida
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Yup. It's a little same , a little different

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

To me this is a minor disappointment. I thought they were going to give us something fresh, something new. This is just re-hash.
      Attached Files

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Especially Wonder Woman's outfit.

Just as baggy as the original.

Very disappointing on FTC's part.
        JediJaida

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Not what I was hoping for, but I like the idea of Batman and Aquaman without ovenmits. I really like the belt loops on Superman and a more accurate Captain Marvel (boots and cape).

The bat emblem is too small and the Captain Marvel lightning bolt is too huge.

The batman cape also looks better and I like the blue trunks.

It's as if Mego updated their older figures for a bit more accuracy had the company not gone under in the 80s. In hindsight, this should have been under their Super Powers line because this might have been what Super Powers would have been had Mego handled the property instead of Kenner.

For me, it is a bit disappointing because I was hoping the Justice League line would take advantage of the boots capes and gloves style from the 66 Batman figures as well as have more realistic head sculpts.

I like the changes, but I'm not sure I like them enough to drop $150 or more if the price-point is higher.
          Last edited by madmarva; Feb 27, '15, 8:44 AM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Especially Wonder Woman's outfit.

Just as baggy as the original.

Very disappointing on FTC's part.
            Exactly, especially Batman... He has a very little emblem and its the same head they used before. Again, nothing new...just different card artwork. Hey, FTC...where's the BEEF!!!

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Disappointed here as well. I wish FTC had used plastic gauntlets like they sell on CTVT for the arms (new finned gauntlets 4 Batman) instead of the baggy fabric "gloves". The colored hands are a plus though. Shazam's boots & cape are a nice upgrade, but the lightning bolt is a little big. Wonder Woman is a mess for an "upgrade" as far as making her more comic accurate. Why not paint her eyes to more match the comic & other figures in the line. FTC needs to make a flexible but skin tight body stocking in flesh to cover the joints & should of made her costume like a one piece bathing suit that could fit over it w/ clear straps holding it in place. Her boots should of been Red Mego boots w/ white stripes painted on them instead of baggy silkscreened. Couldn't the heads of all had paint tweaks at least to make them different & more like the comics somehow? Batman's eyes should be painted white at least. Wonder if his bat symbol will be made slighty bigger than the proto, but still smaller than the original Mego/FTC release.

*I think JLA WGH will still not look right alongside FTC's New DC WGH figs like Alfred, Comm. Gordon, Ras Al Ghul & Scarecrow. The detail on those in both Sculpt & paint/costume details are too advanced to match w/ the Repro Mego WGSH or these new "more comic accurate" JLA figures. Just more variants. I wouldn't have bought doubles & triples if I knew FTC was just going to keep putting out the same figures w/ slight upgrades. I'll just buy the gauntlets & colored hands on the site. Aquaman, Shazam, & GA I may get since I only have x2 FF versions of those & I'll maybe get these & skip their original repro release if FTC was even going to bother w/ those now.

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

It seems to me that the waiting all week for the new news might backfire a bit if the news is small, it builds too much hype and generates a let down of sorts.
                I mean so far the only news that I was even slightly interested in was the Super Friends Robin. These Justice League figures are slight changes to existing figures on different cards; variants. The variants would be a lot more appealing if we were not already paying a little high for what we get quality wise. I went from wanting to buy two of each super hero figure produced to hardly bying any. Basically I am waiting for new characters, they have the whole DC roster to choose from, lets see Green lanturn, Flash, Hawkman, etc, etc. I doubt I will buy any more figures until I see those.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                  To me this is a minor disappointment. I thought they were going to give us something fresh, something new. This is just re-hash.
                  I agree...it seems FTC are starting to "cheap out" on us, with minor changes and re-packaging.
                  sigpic

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by madmarva
                    Not what I was hoping for, but I like the idea of Batman and Aquaman without ovenmits.
                    Can't someone just buy a Batman or AM with ovenmits, open the clamshell, remove the ovenmits, close the clamshell, and have a Batman or AM without ovenmits?

Comment

• nobody
                      banjo!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

I didn't buy any of the WGSH line except Riddler ( I have the originals). So, I may buy the updated ones.

Comment

• nobody
                        banjo!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Any good pictures that are large of full figures and packaging?

Comment

• houseofdracula
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by megoknight
                          Any good pictures that are large of full figures and packaging?
                          Those Wonder Woman pajamas are killing me.
                          The boots too.
                          However, I do like the card art.

58f53748-df4a-47bf-bf0a-6360ddbefec9.jpg
                          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

That is a bit disappointing.

But on closer inspection, there have been some minor tweaks to all of them.
                            Green Arrow's accessories are now a much lighter green. It is more accurate to the picture. I can't tell how his gloves are done but they do look better than Matel's. His feather is now lighter than the rest of his hat. Nice detail.
                            Shazam has more accurate boots and the cape is a great improvement. I can't tell if they printed the "flowers" on it or not. Much better than the plain yellow from the original Mego figure. Plus the arm bands now have black lines. Yes, the symbol is much too large.
                            Aquaman now has green trunks instead of black. Plus the arm bands and hands instead of oven mitts. The belt looks a little thicker than the first run.
                            Batman's gloves got a similar treatment to Aquaman. No oven mitts. Trunks now match the cape. The cape is still one layer - not lined. Also I had hoped we had seen the end of his the short cape. And yes, the symbol is too small. If they were going to go with all blue, I would have gone with a darker blue since the blue was supposed to represent a highlight on black.
                            Wonder Woman now has white stripes on her PRINTED boots. She does seem to have a rope now at least. This whole design still gets an uber-fail from me. With a stiff enough material gathered on either side at the bottom, they could do her one piece and not even have to use clear straps the way Matel did. Tiara is still printed on her Wonder-high forehead.
                            Superman now has belt loops but still no buckle that I can see.

All of them are now bound in their packages with twist ties again! That shows a marked improvement!

And none of them are on the FTC web site for pre-order.

*sigh*

Other than Green Arrow and Shazam, I don't see any justification for my buying any of these. It mainly makes me want a 2 pack for this Green Arrow with a similarly improved Speedy (long pants) and maybe a Captain Marvel figure in a 2 pack with Marvel Jr.

It also hints by using the Justice League logo that the whole Justice League may be up for grabs at a future date. Hope and Potential!

If anyone else spotted anything else, let me know.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• nobody
                              banjo!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by houseofdracula
                              Those Wonder Woman pajamas are killing me.
                              The boots too.
                              However, I do like the card art.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14168[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks Drac

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍