Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New cinematic Spider-Man will most likely be Miles Morales.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I actually think it would be really, really cool if they do recast Peter Parker to keep it a total secret until his unmasking in Civil War. Imagine what an amazing publicity stunt THAT would be.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Spidey unmasks...and it's THIS guy!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megoknight
        ^What's the name of the character played by Michael Douglas?
        Hank Pym.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Oh Parker will be used in the Marvel movies that is the main reason they want to add Spider-Man in the first place. I saying that Sony needs to distance themselves from other two series and one way to do this is either Morales or 2099.

What bothers me is what little Black Panther is going to be used in the Civil War 2.0. You know they went ahead and had the script wrote out to have Black Panther fill in for Parker/Spider-Man so we may never find out what the Civil War 1.0 script was.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            Oh Parker will be used in the Marvel movies that is the main reason they want to add Spider-Man in the first place.
            Yeah, I agree. Marvel has gone to all this trouble of "getting it right" and making excellent casting choices to not use PETER PARKER and screw it all up.
            sigpic

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

I'm sure we'll get both Parker and Morales sooner or later. Morales is getting enough of a fanbase that Marvel will definitely do something with him. Maybe a cartoon or TV show (he'd be perfect for Agents of SHIELD), and eventually a movie.
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I very much doubt this will happen. let's not forget that Marvel cancelled Fantastic Four comics so they would not in anyway help market this upcoming abomination Fox is calling Fantastic four, and did not allow any toy tie ins on the last X-Men movie

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Could be worse. They could use Ben Reilly.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    Could be worse. They could use Ben Reilly.

No it couldn't...I loved Ben Reilly.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      I very much doubt this will happen. let's not forget that Marvel cancelled Fantastic Four comics so they would not in anyway help market this upcoming abomination Fox is calling Fantastic four, and did not allow any toy tie ins on the last X-Men movie
                      EXCELLENT point!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Well, at least it looks like Avi Arad won't have any input regarding the new movies, thankfully.

From AICN:

With a locked-in July 28, 2017 release date looming, it's time for Sony to get cracking on its Marvel Studios-friendly iteration of Spider-Man. According to Latino Review, the studio is indeed moving forward quickly, and already has a writer-director in place: Drew Goddard.

The CABIN IN THE WOODS director is a holdover from the now-scrapped AMAZING SPIDER-MAN series that was once to include spinoff films for Venom and The Sinister Six. Goddard will be developing a 100% clean reboot with producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. LR's report specifies that former Marvel chairman, Avi Arad, will receive a courtesy Executive Producer credit on the new series, but will have zero say in the project's development. This is important as Ike Perlmutter, the current CEO of Marvel Entertainment, only allowed Feige to team with Sony on the condition that Arad would be removed from the creative process.

LR also reports that the likely title of the new film will be THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN. Happily, this will not be an origin story, but rather - and this is LR's take - a tale of high-school-aged Peter Parker/Spidey battling Iron Man and "auditioning" for The Avengers. IRON MAN in a Sony Spider-Man film? This is the first I've heard of it. My understanding was that the new Spider-Man would be introduced in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, which is due out May 6, 2016. There's also a possibility of a different SINISTER SIX movie down the road, but that's just one of several ideas being kicked around. I think a BLACK CAT movie is far likelier, but, again, this is all years away. Right now, it's about casting a truly young Peter Parker, and getting audiences excited about the webslinger again. With Goddard at the helm (and no input from Arad or Kurtzman/Orci), I think we've every reason to be optimistic about this new direction.
                        Last edited by Bruce Banner; Mar 3, '15, 9:48 AM.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎