Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New cinematic Spider-Man will most likely be Miles Morales.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

New cinematic Spider-Man will most likely be Miles Morales.

And I will most likely not be watching it. I don't care how awesome some people think Miles Morales is...Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Ditto. This is getting ridiculous.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

What is the point of trying so hard to incorporate Spider-Man into a "Civil War" movie, only to go with Miles Morales who wasn't the lynchpin of the original story? It was Peter Parker.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I know some people will argue, but Miles Morales is a perfect example of race baiting PC pandering. They took a successful, established character and simply assigned his name and abilities to a person of another race. It's also obvious they couldn't even decide which minority they wanted to pander to, since they made him African but gave him a Latino last name. Gotta cover all the bases. I'm honestly surprised his middle name isn't Asian.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Please remember this is a RUMOR. Marvel did not work out a deal with Sony to switch at the last minute. I would not be surprised if we get both Spideys.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'll believe this when I see it. I can't believe Marvel Studios paid money for a Spider-Man no one outside of about 50,000 comic readers care about, when they can have a character MILLIONS of people know.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Jessica Drew is more recognizable than MM. No such thing as bad publicity.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I have absolutely nothing for this. Lets hope it remains a rumor and nothing more.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Marvel paid nothing. No money is being exchanged.

...Morales has always been a priority for Marvel as it was this sole reason they made him to start with. The original plan was to reboot from Maguire to Miles, but the fanboy blowback towards Morales scared Sony off.

The entire existence of The Ultimate Universe was to streamline characters and present completed storyboard comics to respective studios, as Marvel had no independent financing and no controlling deals in the early 2k's. The money has changed, but the objective has not. So look at everything as being geared towards that goal.

I still believe Maguire is in the cards for Civil War, maybe Garfield since Tobey is turning 40 and Garfield is still under contract. As I said in the other thread, casting a new white Parker for Civil War opposite a new Spidey for Sony's standalone is ghettoizing the Brown Parker and that's a timebomb PC Marvel, and now especially Sony, will avoid at all costs.

Just look at their options, compare it to what they're saying. It never adds up.

The big problem Marvel has is guessing where the audience will be in the next decade. Do you risk Thor Girl, She-Hulk, Falcon Cap, Muslim Ms Marvel on movie costs or do you move it all to Netflix with a day-n-date distribution for fanboys who want to see it in theater?

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    i know some people will argue, but miles morales is a perfect example of race baiting pc pandering. They took a successful, established character and simply assigned his name and abilities to a person of another race. It's also obvious they couldn't even decide which minority they wanted to pander to, since they made him african but gave him a latino last name. Gotta cover all the bases. I'm honestly surprised his middle name isn't asian.

totally agree!
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Oh, and I won't be paying money to see any movie where Peter Parker is NOT Spiderman...and that includes Avengers:AOU, or the next Cap movie either!
                      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I can tell your now, Marvel has not started the New Avengers for nothing. You will see within the next 5 years the Avengers with:

Falcon-Cap
                        Lady Thor
                        Miles Spider-Man
                        War-Machine
                        Captain Marvel
                        Winter Soldier
                        Hulk (Maby Red-Hulk)
                        Nova (Sam Alexander)

DC & Marvel are under such scrutiny to offer diversity in both comics and movies and get out of the all white male club of characters, which is why they are being introduced into the comics first and soon in the Movies/TV series.
                        Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 24, '15, 7:02 PM.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 12, 2014

Who is Miles Morales? I have never heard of him. I am being 100% honest here. I dont have a clue who this guy is.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Yep, it was new to me too. Never heard of him until today.

Comment

• VintageMike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2004

I don't see it. Spidey is their top character, too much risk vs. reward. Marvel knows all they have to do with Spidey is get it right. The way they've gotten it right with so many of their films. At thsi point even movie goers know Spidey as PP. I also can;t seem them going with a costume no one but comic readers would know. Marvel has proven they know where to walk the line with how much to take from the comics and how much to alter for the movies.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎