Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

New figures for the 50th anniversary would be incredible.

What really would be great is a Shore Leave playset, complete with every character from the episode, plus Sulu comes with the .38 police revolver.

___

I did like 3 & 3/4 ST III, so new ones might be good. The Targ was awesome!

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

You could probably get everything you need for that playset at your local pet store.

CCC.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 21, 2009

There are so many memorable characters from Star Trek (not just the original series) that I can't believe a re-launched line of ReMegos would not be successful. Start with Kirk in his green shirt and Sarek and go from there.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by LordMudd
          You could probably get everything you need for that playset at your local pet store.

CCC.
          That's true. Afterwards, I could get a knight, plastic horse and get a little wire to have antennae pop out of model train grass. Then buy a samurai, some Mego women (one with a torn Starfleet female uniform), Mego men, a white rabbit and a WWII airplane on fishing line to slide down on an angle to strafe the character figures.

Perhaps set up an existing Mego Spock with a hidden digital audio player that plays a recording of Nimoy asking, "Did you enjoy it, Captain?" (something like that would be good, with little trees, rocks and water on the foam landscape)

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Be picky with your aircraft. In the sky shot they used stock footage of a P-51, but when it turns to dive it is a Corsair. I know, our Starfleet chapter helped Bjo update her Concordance, 2 days of watching video...

CCC.

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Ah! Very interesting. Thanks, LordMudd!

I do notice those type of error from time to time in a movie or a TV series.

It seems some like to throw in stock footage of submarines as well, plus space rockets seem used a lot. One Christopher Lambert movie showed him holding a revolver, then when the edit came, due to a stop in filming, Lambert is pointing a semi-automatic pistol. Gunmen, the one with Patrick Stewart. On Rockford, they were driving a new (70's) Lincoln, but sent an old model (60's) over the cliff to explode. That one was more saving money than a mistake. There was a good example that I wanted to mention, but I forget it at the moment. I do enjoy the details, though.

I like how Red Letter Media pointed out that the same Klingon Bird of Prey model, destruction shot, was used in Star Trek VI: TUC and in Star Trek: Generations.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

In one episode, I believe it was Ultimate Computer where an automated Enterprise takes on 4 Starfleet heavy cruisers, they actually went out and got 4 of the AMT kits and used them for the fleet shots.

CCC.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by LordMudd
                  In one episode, I believe it was Ultimate Computer where an automated Enterprise takes on 4 Starfleet heavy cruisers, they actually went out and got 4 of the AMT kits and used them for the fleet shots.

CCC.
                  Cool! Those were great.
                  Decals ready to use for any ship name and number.

Did they lose the painted Romulan Bird of Prey model and just use Klingon D7's for Romulans, or was that "now using Klingon design" bit originally in the script?

They re-used Nomad's head or body as the cloaking device.

One prop that they don't duplicate for the fans is the big portable medical computer.

I'm off topic here, but another thing I've noticed recently is that the TNG bridge does have some similarities to the Blake's 7 control center, with colors, seat arrangement and a computer that runs the ship.

Anyway, in HD TOS, it's easier to spot the stuntman stand-ins.

In addition Garth breaks his phaser prop and a phaser is dropped accidentally in Space Seed. There is one actress (one that's also from Hillstreet Blues) who plays 2 or 3 different characters. Could be three, '...Cloud Miners' one, '...Armageddon' one and when Shatner acts like a horse (where there's a scene much like the later used Jabba the Hutt laughter and curtain reveal in Star Wars'Jedi')

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Just to digress a bit further, because I can: Where did Richard Biggs, the doctor on B5, do his internship?

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎