X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
    I, too, was hoping to at least finish the main crew with Chapel and Rand, and get some more aliens, as well. As for Sarek, all they need is the outfit; the Romulan head is based pretty much on Mark Leonard's Romluan captain; a few tweaks, if any are even needed, and you've got Spock's daddy.
    I was thinking the same thing about Sarek.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I was vocal in my support of this line--and critical of its demise, too. I didn't mind "Mirror, Mirror", but Pike was disappointing. Not taking advantage of some of those terrific Brady sculpts was so sad. And a Horta would have been a wonderful addition

IMO, DST could have done three more waves and completed a smashing ST:TOS collection:

*Chapel, Vina/Marta, Tellerite, Trelane
      *Rand, Leslie, Vian, Gem
      *Decker, Harry Mudd, Elaan, Sarek

A good case could be made for Kor, Kang, or the female Romulan Commander--I was opting for more female characters and distinct aliens. Unfortunately, it's all wishful thinking.
      Yvonne Craig very strictly controls the use of her likeness, which is why no figure of her has ever been done (for Trek). A card company got in trouble a few years ago for using her image without permission. I heard once that Roger Carmel's estate strictly controls his image, which is why the animated Harry didn't look right, and while Mark Lenard probably would have said yes, his estate might be another matter.

CCC.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I have no more expectations (or predictions) for Trek Emce.
        That way, I won't get disappointed.

As far as I can tell, it's dead, Jim.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

NECA picked up planet of the apes,so perhaps they will do star trek.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

Looks as if Funko is doing Star Trek-in the 3 3 /4 inch format-Spock,mcoy,sulu & uhura-cool.

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

I wonder if DST could ( or are even allowed) grant a sub license to somebody else to continue the line?
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                NECA picked up planet of the apes,so perhaps they will do star trek.
                That would really make them Mego 2.0.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• KLAATU
                  Museum Patron
                  • Feb 3, 2009

I will support and buy anything 8" Trek. I bought multiples of all the more recent Treks except the last few painted head varieties (not Mego enough for me - and just weird looking). I really want to see Rand and Chapel made.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I guess Next Gen's Data and Klingon are also "dead, Jim"?
                    Really wanted those...

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

Thet should have produced Janice Rand with beehive hair do and Scratched face evil Kirk

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

I had the original mego Star Treks but got into these to late and I question what was Diamond thinking with there last releases
                        Salt Vampire was cool but Pike should have been with a Talotian set and there were too many figures to do before starting Next Generation.
                        Diamond did good work on Khan and Romulon and I love the new Gorn . They still should have done Klingon commander Kang, Nurse Chapel,
                        Janice Rand, Gary Mitchell (silver eyes), Sarek, Yvonne Craig, Angelique Pettyjohn(Shahna) , Talotians, Lt. Riley, and Charons Lokei and Bele

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                          I had the original mego Star Treks but got into these to late and I question what was Diamond thinking with there last releases
                          Salt Vampire was cool but Pike should have been with a Talotian set and there were too many figures to do before starting Next Generation.
                          Diamond did good work on Khan and Romulon and I love the new Gorn . They still should have done Klingon commander Kang, Nurse Chapel,
                          Janice Rand, Gary Mitchell (silver eyes), Sarek, Yvonne Craig, Angelique Pettyjohn(Shahna) , Talotians, Lt. Riley, and Charons Lokei and Bele
                          They can't do Yvonne Craig without consent, she controls the use of her likeness too closely.

CCC.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

Vina would have been just fine instead of Marta if Yvonne would not give permission to use her likeness.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 30, 2012

[QUOTE=tllgn;1197228]Looks as if Funko is doing Star Trek-in the 3 3 /4 inch format-Spock,mcoy,sulu & uhura-cool.[/QUOTE

Saw that the Funko figures are going to be the 3.75" scale vinyl POP figures, not ReAction figures.
                              Last edited by Bionicfanboy66; Mar 7, '15, 6:41 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I went looking for my Romulan figure, but could only find the extra head I had gotten a long time ago, back when Doc still had them in vinyl.

I popped it onto a Castaway/Zica body (even though I lost one of the screws, darn it! Anyone have any in that size?), and he looks great.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎