X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

"American Idol" David Cook's Billie Jean

I do not watch American Idol (never have), I don't care for pop music, but my wife loves the show. She showed the performance by David Cook from last night, who sang Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean."

This was an awesome rendition of the song in the style of music I like, grunge-style music (Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana, etc)

YouTube - David Cook - Billy Jean -American Idol Final 10 - 03/25/2008
    sigpic
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Very good. He did a great Eleanor Rigby, too.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

My wife loved it as well but I don't know,i didn't too much
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Cook is the front runner right now, no doubt.

Michael John also did a solid one singing Queen's We Will Rock You & We Are the Champions as well.

1. David Cook
        2. David Archuleta (excellent voice but he's so young)
        3. Michael John.

The women are pretty ordinary this season, none of them is likely to win American Idol this year.
        sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
          I do not watch American Idol (never have), I don't care for pop music, but my wife loves the show. She showed the performance by David Cook from last night, who sang Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean."

This was an awesome rendition of the song in the style of music I like, grunge-style music (Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana, etc)
          That's cuz this version was originally done by Chris Cornell, of Soundgarden fame.

Cook's made a nice little niche for himself in this competition by performing different interpretations of songs; but as this article discusses, they're all "borrowed" interpretations nonetheless. He's not coming up with any of this stuff himself.

Is It Fair For 'Idol' Dark Horse David Cook To Cover Other Covers? - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

My wife has been a big fan of the show for years, and I don't mind watching it now and again. I've been unable to develop much of a rooting interest this year.

Comment

• davidb
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 9, 2007

Thank you. That's what I've felt about Cook through the whole thing. While other people are putting their own spins on songs, all Cook's doing is covers. I'm just waiting for one of the judges (probably Simon) to point that little fact out.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎