Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC tweets HINT for Feb 20 announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I liked Scooby Doo when I was a kid, but the property has not aged well for my tastes.

Still, a good property for this format. But...

I'm out.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

This needs to be done in Mego Style!!
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

It really boils down to how the make Scooby Doo. if he is not done right than the lineup will not last.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Toy Timelord
          Banned
          • Aug 4, 2014

Happy for the Scooby fans, but this is a pass for me.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Scrappy Doo was the jump the shark moment and that figure will be the same.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

pass foe me too,but if they're doing Hanna Barbara I look forward to hopefully seeing space ghost,,blue falcon and dinomutt,mightor and the Galaxy trio

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Scooby doesn't interest me either, but I hope it opens the door to Space Ghost and Jonny Quest, both have multiple heroes and rogues.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

Yes! I was hoping it was going to be Scooby! I always hated Scrapy too. I love what the first live action movie did with him, so just for that, I would get him!

Comment

• houseofdracula
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 11, 2011

I know that it'll probably never happen but since they're doing Hana Barbera, I think a Banana Splits set would be great.
                    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

PASS 4 me too!

I hope this is a great $$$ money maker for FTC, & then the income will allow them more opportunities to get licenses I do want to collect.

I'm wondering though, w/ SO much stuff teased or announced that has yet to be seen, I'm wondering if FTC is growing in size as a company & therefore these new licensed lines (Potter/Scooby Doo/Ring of Honor) will NOT cause delays on the previously announced/teased: DC WGH, Batman 66, & now Super Friends vs. LoD? Or is FTC still the same sized company & working on a bunch of retro Toys all at once, which will potentially cause numerous delays on announced or teased waves?

I'd like to see:

1.) WGH: Batman retro Wave 4: New BATMAN, Ras Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Comm. Gordon. (I'm delusional & hoping they shrunk Comm. Gordon's & Ras Al Ghul's HEAD size!)
                      2.) WGH: Teen Titans Wave 2: Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg + TT Robin (web exclusive) (< Delusional in hoping 4 a new Teen Body much closer in height to the 8" bodies)
                      3.) WGH: Superman Wave 2: Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Superboy, & Jimmy Olsen. (Wonder if Clark-2-Superman changing figure will be standard Clark Kent or Variant exclusive?)
                      4.) WGH: Shazam Wave 1: Shazam, Mary Marvel, Shazam Jr., Dr. Sivana
                      5.) WGH: Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, ect.

We also haven't seen single carded Aquaman, Green Arrow & Shazam.

Poison Ivy was also pictured like the names I listed before. It was on the back of the WGH Batman wave 3 figures I think.

So I hope all the NEW licenses & lines are good for FTC as a whole. But being selfish, I also hope that these other lines don't delay the DC lines in any way. I also wish FTC could get Marvel single repros of the WGSH Marvel figures & add new one in how Mego would have done them. I know that impossible for now, but IF I would buy into a whole new line from FTC in the Mego format, it would have to be Marvel megos or something BIG like Star Wars.....again, I'm sure IF FTC could get Marvel or Star Wars, they would! So I hope these licenses bring FTC money to help them throw more money at things I really DO want to collect.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Started watching Scooby when it started in '69, so I'm thrilled by the possibility. It's going to depend on execution, of course, as you need a new skinny body for Shaggy (but that has other uses, like Marvin from Super Friends) and a shorter female body for Velma. I had my doubts that this would work and that FTC would try it, but given what we've seen with the Super Friends so far, I'm thinking the format has more flexibility than I thought. Looking at Gleek gives me a lot of hope for a good Scooby figure.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                          Scrappy Doo was the jump the shark moment and that figure will be the same.

JeffBearCO

If by jumped the shark, you mean the best part, then yeah.

This is an easy buy for me. Quick easy collection to accumulate, characters that actually MAKE sense in this format and coming from FTC, no doubt it'll look good. This is probably a bigger scoop than DC at this point.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                            If by jumped the shark, you mean the best part, then yeah.

This is an easy buy for me. Quick easy collection to accumulate, characters that actually MAKE sense in this format and coming from FTC, no doubt it'll look good. This is probably a bigger scoop than DC at this point.
                            Scrappy Doo is the best part!?!? Are you a masochist?

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 11, 2014

Hey Sprytel PM coming your way

Comment

• jeffbearco
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2011

I am very much in agreement with Invisiblelad. I want to see more WGH!

It would be cool if they could get some more current versions of some heroes like the current movie versions.

Some TV Series versions would be cool as well. I'd love to see FTC versions of Arrow and Flash characters. Even the characters and vessen from Grimm would be very cool!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎