X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
    there is no proof the sets are a hit,but the product is rotting on the shelves (not really selling) at online and comic shops because of the price and the QC/quality issues.

I'll be picking up Thor but he has not been solicited and that is not a good sign...I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more of these..

Unfortunately despite my desire to own Thor, I agree. Given the QC on the prior two, even if Thor was solicited, I would no longer preorder. Spider man can be purchase on Amazon for about $53.00 with free shipping. This is just not a good sign.
    Last edited by nubee; May 19, '15, 9:44 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

Spidey set sold out. 3000 wasn't it?

I thought Cap set did well enough for Wolverine to be so soon afterword.

But, yeah Thor set has not been solicited. If not before SDCC in July then its the end.

We'll know by SDCC.

If these cannot sell as $80 sets then $25 single figures like FTC 8" DC, Batman 66 TV is only way.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Diamond sold out of Spidey, but its still in stock at BBTS and EE. Its a success for Diamond, but its still around for retailers. If they don't sell out, they might not keep buying more product from this line.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

A lot of people that bought the spidey set are Ebay resellers .There are over two pages of people on ebay trying to sell the set so the prices
          will drop because too many of these sets . There are fewer people selling wolverine right now on ebay.

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

The Spidey set on Amazon this morning is 51.70 with free shipping this doesn't help
            comic shops that are trying to get 80.00 for these

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Diamond select just solicited a bunch of new pre-orders....and no sign ofTHOR!

Thor was also shown at Toyfair and the fairly recent Comic Expo show and still nothing.Everything that wasshown there at those shows all have product pre-orders (except Thor)

Thesesets just are not selling

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                Permanent Member
                • Mar 7, 2011

I don't know what totals that the BIG Retailers have left over... EE, BBTS... ETC... But an e bay search using Retro Spiderman action Figure on e bay only brings up 25 listings and only 20 for Capt America... who knows maybe they aren't doing as bad as everyone thinks they are... I know we would all like to see these come out faster but we all have heard of the overseas factories hangups horror stories from Dave and Craig and Doc and even FTC... I myself am glad that these are spacing more because I can't keep up with all the releases... I just hope that we keep getting Marvel 8 inch action figures for $69 with free shipping

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

25 resellers of spidey sets (some are selling multiples,one guy had 7 to sell )is a lot if you compare to other recent toy lines like MOTC on ebay.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I doubt Disney/Marvel will let DST sell $25 single Mego Marvel figures because the $80 aren't selling, Hasbro will not let them! Hasbro Marvel Legends 6" sell for $20 alone!

Mego Marvel may be done before it even started.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                      Permanent Member
                      • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                      25 resellers of spidey sets (some are selling multiples,one guy had 7 to sell )is a lot if you compare to other recent toy lines like MOTC on ebay.
                      I didn't see the one selling 7 but I saw ones with multiples, so even adding the one with 7 to the others that's 42 out of 3000 produced currently listed on e bay, only a little over 1.4% of what was produced... Not a lot IMO

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                        I didn't see the one selling 7 but I saw ones with multiples, so even adding the one with 7 to the others that's 42 out of 3000 produced currently listed on e bay, only a little over 1.4% of what was produced... Not a lot IMO
                        Don't forget BBTS,Amoktime and the MANY other online and comic retailers that have invested in this line and have product just sitting on the shelf not moving

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                          Permanent Member
                          • Mar 7, 2011

I don't know what totals that the BIG Retailers have left over... EE, BBTS... ETC... But an e bay search using Retro Spiderman action Figure on e bay only brings up 25 listings and only 20 for Capt America... who knows maybe they aren't doing as bad as everyone thinks they are... I know we would all like to see these come out faster but we all have heard of the overseas factories hangups horror stories from Dave and Craig and Doc and even FTC... I myself am glad that these are spacing more because I can't keep up with all the releases... I just hope that we keep getting Marvel 8 inch action figures for $69 with free shipping
                          Originally posted by Teemu
                          Don't forget BBTS,Amoktime and the MANY other online and comic retailers that have invested in this line and have product just sitting on the shelf not moving
                          Teemu I stated that, see above... who knows what they have left... but 1.4% of produced product (3000) on e bay definitely is not a lot.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Teemu I stated that, see above... who knows what they have left... but 1.4% of produced product (3000) on e bay definitely is not a lot.
                            I gotcha

BBTS has at least 24 Spiderman's and 24 Caps in stock...of course they changed their inventory to where you can only order 24 at a time

so I am guessing they have 50 or more in stock for both

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                              Permanent Member
                              • Mar 7, 2011

I know not everyone comes out and makes public in their collections as to what they have or don't have, but I would be curious as to How may members have the sets and how many of each set... I have 2 each of the first 3 sets and will be buying 2 of the Thor sets as well... would be an Interesting tracking tool.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

And what's the deal with Modern Wolverine? His costume is DARK ORANGE even though his mask is correct yellow-orange.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎