X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

Originally posted by wise guy
    I am finding it difficult to pre order anymore sets including Thor and pay 70-80.00 when I can pick these set up for 50.00 or less from Amazon or Ebay
    even if I wait a few months after release. The Spidey set is the best so far and keeps dropping a few dollars on Amazon every time I check . If this keeps going Spidey will be
    almost half price and this set has not been out a year yet .
    The Amazon price was the reason I finally broke down and bought the Spidey set. Between the included body, the new outfit, boots and hands, and the Mego Repro head, I was able to piece together a nice Mego style-with-improvements Spidey for my shelf. The new Spidey head and the Parker head were too small for me to use, they look strange next to original Megos. But for my $50 I got one really awesome pieced together Spidey figure with boots and web-shooting hands, so I'm happy. Also I think the new uniform looks a lot better with the Mego repro head than it does with the new Spidey head.

I'm skipping the Cap set completely as there's nothing I can do with it--I never liked the the original Mego Cap, and the new one unfortunately has a much too long neck and that awful star. I don't mind kitbashing a figure together from separate pieces like I did with the Spidey set, but having to actually customize figures is a bit too much for me at these prices. I'd have to shorten his neck somehow, remove the star, buy a star sticker and fasten it on myself--nope, not going to all that trouble. Even if I used the Rogers head with the Cap uniform I'd still have to remove the star without damaging the costume and then buy a sticker and put it on. Not going to bother.

Wolverine is a character I never liked, so that set was never an option for me. The Thor set looks interesting. I never liked the original Thor (he looks like a Jordache model) but the new one in the set looks good. I'll wait until the set hits Amazon prices though, as I have no use for the Don Blake either and $80 just for a modern Thor is a bit too expensive.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎