Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Me likey! I'm in.

Comment

• nobody
      banjo!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Likenesses could be better but those cards are freaking amazing. I hope they make loads of bad guys and aliens.

Talosion, Gorn, Andorian, Klingon, Squire of Gothos, Harry Mudd, Ruk, Romulan, Balok, Mugatu, Salt Vampire, Bele, Vina, Khan...
      I've said..You're only buying the card art.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I think they look fantastic. would have been all over these in 1981. what's up with no Kirk though? how can you not have the captain in the first wave? maybe they could not get the Shat's likeness license?

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by phil
          I'm grateful Spock doesn't have a Vulcan salute hand.
          Originally posted by Werewolf
          Yes! That is a big plus. I find that annoying as well.
          I'm with you two. I'd also think it would be great if they sold some sort of bridge playset. Didn't Funko mention getting into playsets at some point, or am I imagining that?

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

I will probably get 2 of Sulu. Finally a Sulu head in 1/18 scale I can put on an ERTL body.

CCC.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Motion Picture likenesses and especially the Search for Spock figures were much better representations. So it doesn't make sense for a "retro" line to not at least be on par with the product that came out from the same period they're attempting to nostalgically recall.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I want to like these but cannot quite. Maybe the protos are off?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

To me,Uhura is the biggest disappointment. Just look at that dress. How hard would it have been for them to just slap on a piece of red cloth around her legs? Instead they just paint the top of her legs red.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                    Banned
                    • Aug 4, 2014

Mego's TMP figures had better likenesses 35 years ago.
                    I will buy them to toss into my 3.75" scifi hodgepodge.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

I like these. I open most things, but the card art works very well and it's not like there's a lot of articulation there anyway. These will be the first in this scale I've bought.

Comment

• draconianguard
                        #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                        • Mar 12, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                        Motion Picture likenesses and especially the Search for Spock figures were much better representations. So it doesn't make sense for a "retro" line to not at least be on par with the product that came out from the same period they're attempting to nostalgically recall.
                        That's exactly what I was thinking. The likeness on the Mego STTMP figures were really good. They were also proportioned like a normal human being. These things have stumpy little legs and cartoony faces. Aside from the Alien line, these ReAction figures have been a huge disappointment. It's comes across as a cash grab instead of actually putting out a quality product for the older collector.
                        Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• MysteryWho
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 16, 2008

Yep, these are terrible. Other than the Alien series and the Universal Monsters they really seem to have dropped the ball.
                          I'm genuinely hoping that BBP and others will pick up more licences and run with them. The Twilight Zone was well done.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

The Star Trek TMP, Black Hole and Buck Rogers were sculpted by Bill Lemmon, a legendary toy and model kit sculptor. To call fuzzy likeness "Retro" is kind of lame, I don't mind five points of articulation and simplification at all but this is wrong headed to me.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Compared to some of Funko's other "efforts", these are ok. Face sculpts are, again, totally irrelevant. You need a photo on the card to "recognize" McCoy.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by palitoy
                                The Star Trek TMP, Black Hole and Buck Rogers were sculpted by Bill Lemmon, a legendary toy and model kit sculptor. To call fuzzy likeness "Retro" is kind of lame, I don't mind five points of articulation and simplification at all but this is wrong headed to me.
                                I'm getting the feeling that once Funko took over they decided on an aesthetic and are sticking to it. Short legs, long torsos, broad shoulders and Elephant Man heads. The only ones that have strayed from that are the Universal Monsters and Horror Series. I'll probably get a Spock and Sulu, but that'll be it.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎