Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Found Scotty, The Gorn and Vina today at a Barnes & Noble. No Kirk.

I also saw Fifth Element figures but I don't know those characters. They are out at retail if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

The fifth element figures turned out spectacular in my opinion. Very underrated, and some of ReAction's best work so far.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Really? I found them to be largely underwhelming and a lost opportunity with a fairly rare license.

The two Leeloo figs are decent, but I only found Diva Plavalaguna to be very good. Zorg is the major disappointment of the line.

I hope they don't touch the POTA or X-Files licenses after these… Super 7 solo would be a far better fit.
        Last edited by Confessional; Jul 3, '15, 7:03 PM. Reason: … eating popsicles!

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, really! I thought Zorg looked less appealing in pics, but in hand, he's great! His transparent half helmet is nicely done, and the Mangalore is great too.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Perhaps my expectations is this format are just unrealistic [sic/bad unintentional pun!].

When you bought the set, did each figure have a different elemental stone (in order to have all four), or are they randomly packaged?

Comment

• LordMudd
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 22, 2011

I ask my B&N if they were going to keep up on these and they said they were. I saw the Fifth Element figures there yesterday (but could not afford them yet)< however I have yet to see any Trek figures there. In fact, these are the first new figures not from the first wave there. In contrast, my TRU has an entire peg of Spock, just Spock.

CCC.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Now that you mention it my local Barnes & Noble never had the first wave of Trek figures. Spock is either packed heavy or not popular. I've seen full pegs of the figure at TRU stores.

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

When they initially hit at TRU and Target at the same time, I saw 2 Spock for one of each of the others. Based on these numbers, I figure we will get 2 Kirks for 1 of each of the others.

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
                    Perhaps my expectations is this format are just unrealistic [sic/bad unintentional pun!].

When you bought the set, did each figure have a different elemental stone (in order to have all four), or are they randomly packaged?
                    I got them from Entertainment Earth, but I seem to have the four unique stones, so they must be assigned to each character.

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

My B&N had Fifth Element when I was in there a couple of days ago but I couldn't get them, so I consolidated my resources and went back tonight, and found Scotty, Vina, and the Gorn. No Kirk. We do have our priorities. Vina and the Gorn now live here.

CCC.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 30, 2012

Funko Kirk travels back to the 1970's and teams up with Kenner TTP Colonel Steve Austin He also has an encounter with Mego ST TMP Kirk, Mego Buck Rogers, and Kenner Han Solo & Chewbaca. Action figure comedy gold right there.

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

This is why action figures should all be the same scale. Kids know the difference and want to mix these characters. They don't care about licenses.

CCC.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by LordMudd
                            This is why action figures should all be the same scale. Kids know the difference and want to mix these characters. They don't care about licenses.

CCC.
                            I agree. I was annoyed that my Kenner Six Million Dollar Man figure was taller than my G.I. Joes. For me a good bit of the fun of the Reaction figures is that they are the same scale. Buffy can take on the Universal Monsters etc.

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

Licenses? What licenses? We don't need no licenses. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' LICENSES!

CCC.

Comment

• bgiles73
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 14, 2010

Just the fact that my Reaction Sulu can pal around with Ruby Rhod from the Fifth Element is worth having these figures. Just waiting for Tim Curry's character from Rocky Horror for the win! Oh My! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎