X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Funko Reaction Classic Trek

I'm getting an animated series vibe from these.

Funko has posted the very first photos of their upcoming Star Trek ReAction Figures. The best part of the news is that the card art confirms that they were able to acquire actor likenesses. No generic card art here! These retro Kenner style action figures stand at 3.75" tall. Included are: Dr. McCoy Uhura Sulu...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Paul Dini as Dr. Bones McCoy!

I'll be honest...these first photos aren't very inspiring. Funko really needs to realize "Retro" doesn't mean "animated happy meal toys".

At this point I'm thinking the Universal Monsters were a fluke in their quality.

I hope I'm wrong and the finished product looks better.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• nazgul
      Lord of Light
      • May 2, 2011

I'm liking them....no Kirk?
      You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by nazgul
        I'm liking them....no Kirk?
        I am surprised by the lack of Shatner too. I can't imagine they'd make a ST line without Kirk. He really should be in the first wave.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

Sulu gets a phaser, but Spock only gets a tricorder? Uhura's the only one with a communicator? Come on. Of course, I'll gripe about this and be slightly disappointed in the sculpts, and will still buy every one of them. Maybe twice.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I like these a great deal. Maybe it's because they look like toys and not Collectibles. Interesting that Kirk isn't in the first wave. I hope they do a Klingon and Romulan. Those will be fun to army build.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Likenesses could be better but those cards are freaking amazing. I hope they make loads of bad guys and aliens.

Talosion, Gorn, Andorian, Klingon, Squire of Gothos, Harry Mudd, Ruk, Romulan, Balok, Mugatu, Salt Vampire, Bele, Vina, Khan...

Comment

• Bantha5
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 2, 2013

I was really looking forward to these, but as usual disappointed. The cards look great as always, but the eggplant shaped heads and the lack of even moderate draping and contour in the uniforms continues to show Funko has little idea of a real vintage esthetic. It looks more and more like the universal monsters were a fluke. Come on Funko, I want to give you money! Ryan

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I was looking at these more closely. Are they perfect? Of course not. Look at the shirt collars. They look like fun and I will be happy to buy them anyway. I'm grateful Spock doesn't have a Vulcan salute hand.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by phil
                    I'm grateful Spock doesn't have a Vulcan salute hand.
                    Yes! That is a big plus. I find that annoying as well.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

I like them, in spite of their Hydrocephalus.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Not perfect by any stretch. But still like them better than the Playmates ones from the 90s.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Looking at them again, I'm seeing Paul Dini even more:

I do like the card design, though.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Maybe it's the painted skin tones that makes them look off on the protos? Oddly enough, I actually think Bones is the least bad likeness.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Oh man, so phoned in. They must be doing a deal similar to pop vinyls where they don't get likeness because these seem intentionally off model.

I likely will buy these but i wish they were Alien quality.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎