X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters Reboot

Amazon Pacts with TV Kidvid Producers Sid and Marty Krofft for ‘Sigmund and the Sea Monsters’ Reboot

Who would have thought that all that talk about Sid & Marty shows and now this! What do you think?
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I never really watched it as a kid. I wonder how different it'll be.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I did but I cannot remember it.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Nosy aunt, two kid buddies, & a Norman Lear-esque family of sea monsters in a grotto.

I preferred Land of the Lost & the trippy Lidsville.

Will the new monsters be CGI?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I think Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost could be remade a 1,000,000 times but Sigmund? I dunno....
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I think I must have been a little too young to appreciate most of the Kroft stuff. But I remember my older sister really liked those shows. I'm gonna have to tell her about this.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• firestarcomics
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 19, 2014

Hey, wait! Didn't they mention a Lidsville movie sometime ago that NEVER happened? We hear of these alleged movies and projects and then they NEVER happen?

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                Career Member
                • May 13, 2007

This Sigmund reboot is up now part of Amazon's pilot season.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

That was the ONE Kroft show that I had absolutely NO respect for. Sigmund was an idiot most of the time, and the kids weren't all that bright either. Especially when they introduced Rip Taylor as the incompetent genie in the second season.

Pufnstuf was pretty cool; I was terrified of Witchiepoo, even though half of her spells fizzled out. I hated that talking flute though; he was more annoying than Big Bird, Ernie and Elmo all rolled into one package.

I don't really remember Lidsville much.

I was a major fan of Land of the Lost, even with the phoney baloney dinosaurs, outrageous plots, and the fact that their clothing never fell apart, even with all of the danger that they faced on a daily basis.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                      I don't really remember Lidsville much.
                      Lidsville was like Pufenstuf on acid. Plus, Butch Patrick was a little better as the kid hero, and no damn flute. There was even a guest-starring Witchipoo with Hoodoo in one episode.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                        A Ray of Sunshine
                        • Jun 17, 2001

I loved this show as a kid!!!!! I don't know about a reboot though. None of those H R Pufenstuf shows wouldn't work well in todays world no matter how well they could be rebooted.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Pretty much anything Krofft put out was an acid trip, and gloriously so. But we were hyped up on sugar frosted cereals as kids, so we rolled with it.
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I wish I could have photographed my partner's expression the first time I showed him "Lidsville." He muttered something like, "What did I just see?" and his expression was priceless lol.

I hope they can at the least make Sigmund fun like it was for "70's kids, though I was not a huge fan.

Comment

• Bantha5
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • May 2, 2013

Krofft shows were a unique product from unique times, they should stay in the past. I heard on a podcast awhile ago, comedian Dana Gould wrote a "Gremlins" reboot of the movie, the sea monsters were going to be just that "monsters" no shellevisions or shellephones. The kroffts and the studio were very much on board, until the Monday after The land of the lost movie was released.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎