X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
    I was assuming that was just for the packaging sample; I can't see that happening with the finished product.
    Nope it's the final product.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by megoknight
      These are pretty nice. People have been complaining about the cost, so I thought I might use facts and logic and break this down.
      Let's assume you were buying these parts from let's say CTVT and others accomplished members....
      Repro Figure-25.00
      2 Shields- 10.00
      1 cap uniform-15.00
      2 Vinyl heads-20.00
      1 helmut- 5.00
      2 pair of boots-10.00
      Steve shirt and pants-10.00
      3 sets of hands-15.00

That would be 110.00 worth of pretty generic parts.
      This is a set catered to Captain America. Go find the parts for less than 80.00, and tell me where.
      I was about to do this myself, AND SO TRUE!
      I can Understand some people are not interested in all 3 figures nor do the wish to buy all 3 at 1 shot, but as I have stated Numerous times in other posts, the Figures from FTC $24.99 EACH these sets are $69... I have yet to see them for $80, then buy 2 bodies from doc at $5 each that's $79 for 3 Marvel Figures comes to $26.66 each only $1.66 more than FTC, And your getting better quality figures, Those of you switching out your FTC Figures to other bodies your price just went form $24.99 to $29.99 or $32.99 depending where your getting your bodies from... Only complaint I see here is to Mattel for wanting them produced this way

Originally posted by Vinny0026
      anyone know who is offering the best price to reserve the cap set?

I forget who I reserved spidy through
      Vin

Amok Time $69.99
      Entertainment earth $69.99 and if you spend $100 Free Shipping

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
        I was assuming that was just for the packaging sample; I can't see that happening with the finished product.
        it's final...did you see the video?

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
          it's final...did you see the video?
          I know the packaging was final, just wasn't sure if that applied to all the contents, as well.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

Watch the Video again guys... He Clearly States "EARLY PACKING SAMPLE" not Final Product

Comment

• DSTZach
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 1, 2012

It is a packaged sample that we got in early, meaning not part of the main shipment. I believe it is part of the same main production run, so everything should be the same.

Comment

• DSTZach
                Museum Super Collector
                • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
                I am glad that they are not attempting Star Wars in this format because I don't think a removable cowl Darth Vader with 2 anakin heads and a huge ugly removable cowl would make it in to my collection
                Aw, man, I thought you were cool with the set now! What happened!

Well, I don't know if that's a good comparison, because:
                1. Darth Vader wore a helmet, and a removable helmet is the first thing I see people gush over on any good Darth Vader figure.
                2. Darth Vader didn't spend 50% of his time with his helmet off, like Wolverine does.
                3. The Wolverine set actually does come with a non-removable-masked Wolverine head, just to a different costume. So if Darth Vader had a second, awesome brown costume that he wore for a while in the 1980s, you would get that helmet. And it would not come off.
                Last edited by DSTZach; Mar 10, '15, 1:46 PM.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

For the record I am buying 2 Caps, 1 Wovie and 2 Thors I am just trying to get you to guys to do as good job on future stuff and I have lots of complaints
                  about FTC stuff that I am buying too. I really like Spidey and Thor and I know you guys do good work. Darth was a bad analogy what you do with Ironman and Daredevil
                  is what I am waiting on.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Yeah the point is that the removable masks in this size of figure always look pretty bad. Thats why Mego abandoned it after the original Batman figure and went with the molded cowl version. I too wouldn't want to see a Darth Vader with a giant puffy, rubber, removable mask. If it could be done in hard plastic and not look terrible, then ok. But no one would want to see one done in the style and format of this Wolverine figure.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Yeah,they should of went Sculpted Head (in Yellow) all the way..I won't be buying this set...

Comment

• DSTZach
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Mar 1, 2012

I haven't taken any good shots of the figure with the mask on. It actually looks pretty darn good. Sorry some of you won't be buying it.

And Darth Vader is still a terrible comparison. Making a removable Vader mask out of soft rubber would be as difficult and unlikely as making a removable Wolverine mask out of hard plastic.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                          Custom Mego Maker
                          • Jun 3, 2007

I'm getting!!!

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by DSTZach
                            I haven't taken any good shots of the figure with the mask on. It actually looks pretty darn good. Sorry some of you won't be buying it.

And Darth Vader is still a terrible comparison. Making a removable Vader mask out of soft rubber would be as difficult and unlikely as making a removable Wolverine mask out of hard plastic.
                            Darth Vader is a great example if you get the point of the example. If you made the Wolverine mask removable out of rubber in the format you did because you claim that is what Mego would of done.... then following that same logic if you were to get the Star Wars License... you would possibly do the same thing again with the Vader figure as you did with Wolverine. That's the point. No matter who the character is, a big rubber removable mask is lame, so lame that Mego stopped doing it after their first attempt. They never made another after the original Batman and even revamped Batman without the removable mask. The removable mask Mego Batman is really only a cool collectable for the nostalgia of it being the original format... just like the stirup pants, waffled mittens, and type 1 body. They are not a way to make a modern figure cooler.

Mego made a better body, started heat pressing the suit emblems on (Fantastic Four), and abandoned the removable masks.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Vader wouldn't have a form fitting mask. He's got a helmet. Just saying...

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

What mego would have done is less important than what the collectors will buy. I have pre ordered 1 wolverine because I like the sculpted mask but I would have bought at least 2 SETS if he came with 2 sculpted masks. Is'nt it more important to learn from these sets to increase sales instead of guessing what MEGO what have done.
                                Jayraytee is right that mego got away from these cowls and did not bring them back when they added new charectors like Ironman and Green Goblin . Since this forum is a big
                                chunk of people that buy remegos it is a good place to get an idea what people will buy versus we know what you wan't

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎