Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

The Captain America Stars not sewn down is TERRIBLE!!!!!!

flopping around half-assed like that

I guess I'll have to superglue them down....thanks DST

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Bummer for loose stars, but the rest of him is great.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

Wow! looks nice! I am looking forward to both of these sets. The star is too bad, but it is not hard to make one if a new one is needed. The improved packaging is great too! Nice to see that they were able to fix an issue that was bugging us so quickly.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
          The Captain America Stars not sewn down is TERRIBLE!!!!!!

flopping around half-assed like that

I guess I'll have to superglue them down....thanks DST
          It's "all-caps and six exclamation points" terrible? Really?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Hmm, Wolverine actually turned out better than I expected, other than the non-matching blues on the classic costume and oranges on the second costume. The removable mask looks better than it did on the Famous Cover Wolverine.
            Sorry, though, Cap is a disappointment, with the baggy classic suit and hanging star.

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

AWESOME!
              I'm getting both!

AW YEAH!

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

I do see improvements on these two and will be getting 2 Capt Americas sets but those unmasked heads (Wolverines) look to much like the Diamond 7"
                Action figures not remegos. I like the painted head only but hate Wolverines boots and removable cowl .I am not sold on Wolverine

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I agree with Teemu, its pretty lame, especially when you consider the price of this set. There really shouldn't be any shortcomings like that.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Its definitely not.

Comment

• mego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 16, 2012

Those look cool. Great to see Wolverine finally in this format! Love that orange and brown one!

Comment

• nobody
                        banjo!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by DSTZach
                        Star emblem on both Cap suits is final -- not our original intent, but after assessing the problems and risks with other application types, we decided to take a more "retro" approach with it.

I expect these both to be on shelves in April. Both of these sets are final production samples. I think everyone will be MUCH happier with the packaging this time around.
                        Thanks Zach, the packaging is wayyyyyyyyyy better!!!! Will the box just come right out now instead of being glued in?

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Ok, packaging is a big improvement. But why have to cut it at all? What not just a plastic insert, like Hot Toys would do? Also, is the Repro box still glued to the side? Still, once again...BIG improvement on packing guys...it's nice that you listen to you fan base.
                          sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

I would agree that it's pretty bad, terrible in the sense that the badness distracts from how great the rest of the set looks. The star looks worse than the original Mego star from the 70s. It sticks out like a sore thumb. What could have been done was to include a couple of options in the package. Include a small sticker star and an iron on one. Then at least people could choose one of the other better options.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

I find it sad that people here are finding the loose/floppy star as acceptable on both suits and then seem to care more about the box/packaging.It sends the message that DST does not have to improve or change a thing on these products and then to justify the price tag.There is no reason why the stars shouldn't of been glued/attached/ironed onto the fabric.

I now have to glue the stars onto the fabric.Cap is my favorite! so much for buying 2 of these sets as planned as displaying this piece boxed with a folded/peeling star on his chest stands out as a big FAIL to me.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I don't care a fig about packaging, vintage or modern.

I do understand your dismay, just not the extent of it--it is able to be remedied, unlike some other concerns with this line, like paints/sculpts.

Cap is my favorite set thus far, too.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎