X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
    A hole is being made in the top of the blister so that the gun antenna can fit through, allowing the figure to be placed inside.
    Geez, go the extra mile for your customers, and make us happy, why don'tcha? YOU'RE MAKING OTHER COMPANIES LOOK BAD WITH YOUR AWESOMENESS, GUYS!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• justzeg18
      Career Member
      • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by Donkey Hoatie
      Oh, I totally don't need it. I've already got one. Something about people trying to make a massive profit on someone else's work rubs me the wrong way. I mean, the seller literally did nothing but send $30 to David a while back and then waited for it to be delivered.

It just reminds me of the days of yore when people would pay Charlee Flatt $250-$300 for a figure and then throw it right up on eBay a month later for $800-$1000. I mean, in theory there's nothing "wrong" with doing it. But, it just doesn't feel "right" to me. But, that's just me up on my moral high horse and being naive enough to think you should be buying the toys you like because you want them and not because you want to profit off of them. Your mileage may vary.
      Not only is that par-for-the-course for sucklord fans and "art-toys" in general, it's basically sucklords M.O.

It's a different collector market, and different mentality. But it's the one they marketed to to save their kickstarter.

Thank those flippers for the existence of the S body.

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

Shipments have been stopped temporarily while Dave makes modifications to the clamshells we're using for the packages. A hole is being made in the top of the blister so that the gun antenna can fit through, allowing the figure to be placed inside.

Craig
        I just put my Sucklord in the clamshell in an "Action pose"... he's about to start breakdancing.

IMG_4406.jpg
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Hahaha! We definitely need a ghetto blaster for him.

Every collector base incurs scalping; it's just magnified in pop culture products due to accessibility with the explosion of con-culture and pop-surrealism. While it's true the lower end of the Sukmarket and the like do revel in leeching, the higher end of the art toy market isn't so flippant, as it's completely collector driven. The prices are much higher and the work tends to be one-of-a-kind or low run editions.

That work is *flipped* in studios, galleries and auction houses… not in the early morning hours at TRU or on eBay. Happen to catch the recent Laika auction at Heritage? It's not for the meek.
          Last edited by Confessional; Feb 15, '15, 2:01 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by LadyZod
            I just put my Sucklord in the clamshell in an "Action pose"... he's about to start breakdancing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14056[/ATTACH]
            Love that pose. Totally needs a ghetto blaster, belt and saber.

Comment

• piecemaker
              There's no need to fear..
              • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
              Did anyone who order it as an "add-on" to the kick starter get there's? I wrote Dave a couple of times but never got a response.
              I contacted Craig a couple weeks ago about mine which was an "add on" and got notice from him yesterday that it was shipped.

Comment

• Saroyan
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 4, 2011

Originally posted by David Lee
                I got you, sorry just been super busy. Look for a message soon.

Dave
                Still looking for that message.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

As I twitch in anticipation of the Sukfecta, this helped ease the wait.

This toy blog focuses on Designer Vinyl Toys, Vinyl Toys, Kidrobot, DIY, Blind Box, Dunny, Resin, Sofubi, Soft Vinyl, Munny, and Custom Vinyl

Comment

• Saroyan
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 4, 2011

Originally posted by Saroyan
                    Still looking for that message.
                    PS- still waiting on that message.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Saroyan
                      PS- still waiting on that message.
                      PM me with the details of what you need help with. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                        • Mar 15, 2008

Any progress on these? I'm eagerly awaiting my Sucklord!
                        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                          Any progress on these? I'm eagerly awaiting my Sucklord!
                          All of the single figure Sucklord pledges have been shipped so if this is what you're waiting for PM me your info and I'll check it against the fulfillment list. If you're waiting for a trifecta figure pledge those haven't been shipped yet.

Craig

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            • Mar 15, 2008

PM sent! Thanks, Craig!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              • Mar 15, 2008

Geez, is Craig quick! Got my Sucklord today and he looks AWESOME! Great work Craig and Dave - you guys keep knocking 'em outta the park!

Comment

• draconianguard
                                #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                                • Mar 12, 2004

All of the single figure Sucklord pledges have been shipped so if this is what you're waiting for PM me your info and I'll check it against the fulfillment list. If you're waiting for a trifecta figure pledge those haven't been shipped yet.

Craig
                                Hi Craig ,
                                Do you have an estimated time frame of when the Trifecta orders will be shipped?

Thanks
                                Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎