Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donkey Hoatie
    Supporter of Silliness
    • Jun 20, 2007

Just wanted to say that finally opened it up over the weekend. What a great figure!!!!!!!!! Fantastic job putting this one together, Dave.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

…and the secondary market has already begun. Fast and inevitable.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
        Supporter of Silliness
        • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
        …and the secondary market has already begun. Fast and inevitable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kickstarter-...item19fb8e87da
        Do you think he'd be offended if I made him a best offer of $30, considering that's what the pledge amount was to get the Sucklord?

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
          Supporter of Silliness
          • Jun 20, 2007

Well, I submitted an offer for $35 along with this message: Hey, I missed out on these on Kickstarter. If you take my offer, you can make a cool $5 profit. That's a pretty nice Subway footlong. Let me know if you're interested.

We'll see if he accepts it. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Donkey Hoatie
            Well, I submitted an offer for $35 along with this message: Hey, I missed out on these on Kickstarter. If you take my offer, you can make a cool $5 profit. That's a pretty nice Subway footlong. Let me know if you're interested.

LOL! That was so nice of you... I'm sure he won't answer but if he does please share with us...

Comment

• draconianguard
              #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
              • Mar 12, 2004

You forgot that eBay takes a percentage for final value and PayPal takes a fee out of payments sent
              Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                Supporter of Silliness
                • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by draconianguard
                You forgot that eBay takes a percentage for final value and PayPal takes a fee out of payments sent
                You're right. I want him to have a sweet profit margin, so I'll resubmit with an offer of around $40 if he rejects it. Still waiting!

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

^The figure is worth it. Hoping to see some accessories someday.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                    Supporter of Silliness
                    • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                    ^The figure is worth it. Hoping to see some accessories someday.
                    Oh, I agree it's totally worth it. I already got mine in the mail last week and it's on a shelf in my office. Worth a lot more than the $30 Kickstarter money I threw in there. But, $250 for something you paid $30 for? An 800+% markup is a little steep IMHO. I'm just doing my best to be a harmless jackwagon to him.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Oh, I agree it's totally worth it. I already got mine in the mail last week and it's on a shelf in my office. Worth a lot more than the $30 Kickstarter money I threw in there. But, $250 for something you paid $30 for? An 800+% markup is a little steep IMHO. I'm just doing my best to be a harmless jackwagon to him.
                      Didn't mean the $250 tag but the offer you sent. Good luck and hope you get it. I saw one the other day going for $30 starting bid.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                        Supporter of Silliness
                        • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                        Didn't mean the $250 tag but the offer you sent. Good luck and hope you get it. I saw one the other day going for $30 starting bid.
                        Oh, I totally don't need it. I've already got one. Something about people trying to make a massive profit on someone else's work rubs me the wrong way. I mean, the seller literally did nothing but send $30 to David a while back and then waited for it to be delivered.

It just reminds me of the days of yore when people would pay Charlee Flatt $250-$300 for a figure and then throw it right up on eBay a month later for $800-$1000. I mean, in theory there's nothing "wrong" with doing it. But, it just doesn't feel "right" to me. But, that's just me up on my moral high horse and being naive enough to think you should be buying the toys you like because you want them and not because you want to profit off of them. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

Did anyone who order it as an "add-on" to the kick starter get there's? I wrote Dave a couple of times but never got a response.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

Eagerly waiting for mine to arrive! Craig, do I need to PM you any info (shipping address, etc.)?
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

Also eagerly awaiting.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                                Eagerly waiting for mine to arrive! Craig, do I need to PM you any info (shipping address, etc.)?
                                Originally posted by rche
                                Also eagerly awaiting.
                                Shipments have been stopped temporarily while Dave makes modifications to the clamshells we're using for the packages. A hole is being made in the top of the blister so that the gun antenna can fit through, allowing the figure to be placed inside.

Once I start filling orders again I'll post instructions on how to get a new clamshell for those who have already received their figure.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎