• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

Sooo...The Joker has a new origin?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=114664

Wow. Everytime I think the New 52 can't get any worse.
    Last edited by kept back; Feb 1, '15, 1:48 PM.
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

there was nothing at that link

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

True. Nothing at all. It even says so.

So I guess Joker doesn't have a new origin after all.

CCC.

Comment

• kept back
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 2, 2002

Try it again.
        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

So the Joker is essentially Wolverine now. Comic continuities are like buses, I'll wait for the next one.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

well, it does explain how he survived a lot of explosions and fires and shootings and etc. Really crappy lazy storytelling.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Joker doesn't need a scientific or supernatural reason for his numerous escapes from death over the years other than "Because, comics..."
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I'm just glad they gave his face back. I have friends who tell me Snyder's run is brilliant...but I just can't get past some of the over-the-top fantastical elements they are hard-wiring into the Batman books. Yes, I know he exists in a universe with magic rings and flying men, but they always kept those aspects at arm's length in the Batman titles proper. Don't get me wrong, I don't need Nolan-level realism, I think that makes things even more absurd, really, but a little mystery and less "it's because of THIS" goes a long way with me.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

I would think that his falling into the vat of chemicals would attribute more to his survival than exposure to a meteorite that makes him immortal. Looks like they are trying to neatly tie his origins into those of others.
                  Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

And will Batman's knowledge of this throw out his whole non-killing thing when it comes to the Joker? This just turned into a Road Runner Wiley Coyote cartoon.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Utterly ridiculous and another example of pat, lazy DC storytelling trying to pass itself off as clever.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

IMHO, a silly pretentious move if they keep it as canon. I could see this opening doors to many a bad storyline ... But I suspect it's gonna go by the wayside and be rewritten in awhile.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

You can thank the Colorado shooting for this. DC/WB were adamant about redefining Joker into something unattainable. At first, it was more towards slasher-cinema, which is where the Leatherface/Jigsaw look came from. Now, they've just opted to make him violent Loki.

It's no coincidence this element was retconned at the same time the Suicide Squad movie was revised to make him Lector for its Silence of The Lambs rift. Supposedly, Joker escapes at the end which leads to Affleck's standalone Batman movie, and that incorporates the Joker storyline for TDKReturns.

It follows the current WB/DC pattern. Intro elements in New 52 before the movie comes out, so if fans btch about the depiction, Geoff Johns or whoever can point to the comic. Sort of like retconning the movies.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

They just gave Damian/Robin super powers, so now Batman is like the only guy in Gotham who is normal. I'm waiting for the "your father experimented on a super soldier serum so his sperm was super powered" bit to show up. It's a' comin', I bet.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              They just gave Damian/Robin super powers, so now Batman is like the only guy in Gotham who is normal.
                              I just saw a recent solicitation for "Justice League" where Batman gets super-powers....
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎