• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Hot Toys Age of Ultron Captain America

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

I really regret not getting the first Avengers Cap when he was out. It was a nice update on his suit while keeping the color scheme, but the adding of red where it's not in the comics and brown on his boots and gloves kind of puts me off this design. The change also seems to be clear that the movie industry clearly considers stuff like selling more merchandise when costuming their characters, because there's no clear purpose for the change--does Ultron's jaw react differently when punched by a brown glove? BTW, I know I'm in the minority with this opinion--on other boards, everyone seems to love this design, but I just prefer the comic book design with an update moving away from buccaneer boots.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

The one thing that makes him read more comic-like is the fact they got rid of that dirty red tone and made it candy apple red which makes for better contrast. It makes everything register on a richer tone.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I really like this look.
        It's a lot better than the first Avengers movie version, which was a bit too cartoony for me. This one spells "combat" to me, not "PJ".

But I'm happy with my First Avenger cap, so I'm good. Apart from the paint loss on the shield, of course.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MegoSteve
          Superman's Pal
          • Jun 17, 2005

I really like this, but do I really need a fourth Hot Toys Captain America? Mmmmaybe.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I really like this design. Overall, I hate to say I like the first Avengers Cap costume the least of all we've seen thus far. But this one combines the classic comic book look with the First Avenger design the best.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don't think I'd buy another Hot Toys Cap after the fiasco with my shield, and their lack of customer support to replace it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I really like this design. Overall, I hate to say I like the first Avengers Cap costume the least of all we've seen thus far. But this one combines the classic comic book look with the First Avenger design the best.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don't think I'd buy another Hot Toys Cap after the fiasco with my shield, and their lack of customer support to replace it.

Chris
              Same here Chris. Had I known my shield would flake to pieces, I would have sprayed sealant on it and that would have fixed the problem. Come to think of it, why didn't they? That Cap has actually been my least favorite Hot Toys figure in the lot because his outfit is sown so tight I can barely raise his arms to chest level to hold a pose. That and too many pieces that were glued on, have come lose. It was definitely a low mark on their quality control.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I like the design. Is it just me or does the suit look heavier? It looks like its thicker for protection or warmth. It's an impressive looking figure that's unfortunately way out of my price range.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

I watched the Avengers last night and kept thinking that the Capt costume looked a little too cartoony. I like this.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

I do appreciate the fact that we got a fairly comic accurate version with the Hot Toys USO costume. Great that they did that in the first movie as well.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

I'd rather they release Avengers we haven't seen yet.
                      But I guess everyone just needs 16 Iron Man figures (if you believe Hot Toys)...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎