Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlkrefft
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 14, 2010

I really hope wave 4 includes 3 villains. I can't wait for Catwoman (hopefully with mask) and King Tut, And Mr. Freeze (with gun) these are the ones I want most. RC Batman can lead the wave. I do hope for more variants, but I want them sold like the original set of variants were sold. Not in a wave. My hopes are the long awaited Surfer Batman/Surfer Joker, Riddler in jacket/hat and maybe even a Riddler in jumpsuit but with a removable mask. King Tut wore several different outfits that could be variants. Penguin in his jockey outfit and screen test Batman with no oval. I also want more less known villains like Bookworm, False Face, Olga, Siren, Louie and Clock King. I think characters like Alfred and Gordon could be exclusives as well instead of taking up space in a wave. I also hope a Barbara Gordon gets made.

Comment

• Troy
      All Around Nice Guy
      • Jun 17, 2001

Why are Batman and Robin always together in waves as well? I'd split them up too if you're looking to "pad" each wave

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 11, 2014

The waves aren't being padded. Batman and Robin are Like Han and Luke from Star Wars. FTC wants to make sure they have a Batman and Robin always available in the Batman 66 line. I think thats a very good idea. New Fans and collectors come along everyday.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Batman and Robin are great sellers but please speed up the release of Batgirl and Catwoman because a lot of collector's are asking for these two
          followed by Mr. Freeze and the rest . Maybe one day we can get a 1989 Keaton (black suit)Batman movie figure also.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
            The waves aren't being padded. Batman and Robin are Like Han and Luke from Star Wars. FTC wants to make sure they have a Batman and Robin always available in the Batman 66 line. I think thats a very good idea. New Fans and collectors come along everyday.
            so, just have refresher cases of Batman and Robin available to online and comic stores. This isn't a Wal-Mart retail line from Hasbro, its a collector line bought almost exclusively by adults. They are still in stock at FTC its not like they have become "sold out, retired" like some of the other lines.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

what do you mean? there are PLENTY of Batman's available...wave 1,2,and 3 Batman/Robin'S are readily available EVERYWHERE! We don't need to keep getting Batman/Robin in every wave....Sorry,I don't buy that excuse

If anything,it's probably the retailer's who control the lineups (which is dumb too)

Wave 4 can easily Sell with Batgirl,Catwoman,Mr Freeze leading the way without another variant Batman/Robin

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                so, just have refresher cases of Batman and Robin available to online and comic stores. This isn't a Wal-Mart retail line from Hasbro, its a collector line bought almost exclusively by adults. They are still in stock at FTC its not like they have become "sold out, retired" like some of the other lines.
                exactly!! Waves will sell WITHOUT refreshing Batman/Robin in every wave....it becomes wasted slots and takes longer to get the figures you actually want...BUT if FTC ONLY wants us to buy 2 figures instead of 4 in each wave,then so be it I guess.I have my Batman/Robin,so let's move on the characters we need and ARE ACTUALLY DEMANDED FOR.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Yep, I'm just getting one of each and pass on variants, I will skip multiple Freezes or Catwomen, too.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 12, 2014

Why do they have to sell out? Why cant they just keep making the 1st series Batman of '66 and WGH. Why dont they just make them until the license is up? This way they will always have them and you could get one anytime you wanted. If Mego sold out of Batman in 1972 almost nobody would have one.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 14, 2010

I don't really want all the Mr. Freeze or Catwomen either. Just give me Julie and Otto and I am good. That said, I would fork over for Eartha and George. Lee and Eli don't interest me. Neither does John as Riddler, but I sure would buy a Frank Riddler in jacket/hat and a Frank jumpsuit Riddler with removable mask. I think there are way too many Batmen and Robin figures in these waves. Sell them as variants on FTC site or as exclusives, but not in waves. It's crazy we are 3 waves down and still no Catwoman or King Tut. I mean really Mad Hatter and Shame were great figures but they didn't deserve to come before the iconic Catwoman and the very popular King Tut.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

Julie Newmar Catwoman (removable mask) , Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, Riddler in the green suit.

That's about all I want out of the 66 line at this point.

I do think Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson in tuxes would sell (jewel cuff links to steal) . I also think a Barbara Gordon in a long dress (Raven's dress in a different color would do) with jewels that any bad guy/girl could steal would also be appropriate.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• VulcansFury
                          Museum Patron
                          • Mar 6, 2014

I agree and think that's a fantastic idea. I remember the old days when you could never find a Super Powers Batman or Superman but tons of the 3rd tier guys, or the Kenner Indiana Jones line without any Indy to be found.

But, if I may, I think you've succeeded. Checking BBTS and Entertainment Earth currently shows multiple versions of Batman and Robin 1966 FTC figures available.

I'd say that FTC has definitely reached their goal of having them readily available to the point where you can go without having them both in each wave, maybe just one or the other (of course Batman is the star so maybe we can skip Robin for a few waves?). And Batgirl is strong enough and highly requested enough that she should be able to carry a wave herself without Batman or Robin.

Luke and Han are not together in every wave and there are many waves without either of them. FTC has done a great job so far, but Batman and Robin are currently available with no difficulty in finding them.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                            I agree and think that's a fantastic idea. I remember the old days when you could never find a Super Powers Batman or Superman but tons of the 3rd tier guys, or the Kenner Indiana Jones line without any Indy to be found.

But, if I may, I think you've succeeded. Checking BBTS and Entertainment Earth currently shows multiple versions of Batman and Robin 1966 FTC figures available.

I'd say that FTC has definitely reached their goal of having them readily available to the point where you can go without having them both in each wave, maybe just one or the other (of course Batman is the star so maybe we can skip Robin for a few waves?). And Batgirl is strong enough and highly requested enough that she should be able to carry a wave herself without Batman or Robin.

Luke and Han are not together in every wave and there are many waves without either of them. FTC has done a great job so far, but Batman and Robin are currently available with no difficulty in finding them.
                            They will not be in every wave, but I think the variants on Batman and Robin are great. There are figures being made from this Line that no one would have ever thought would be available. In fact the next wave has

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

well, if there are more B&R variants I pass. I want more villains and supporting cast....even Aunt Harriet. Goons would be nice, too.

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

They will not be in every wave, but I think the variants on Batman and Robin are great. There are figures being made from this Line that no one would have ever thought would be available. In fact the next wave has
                                Yeah,but WE already have Batman/Robin (5 times now)....Considering this line in limited to a certain audience,us collector's are not going to keep buying the same figures over and over again....FTC needs to understand that,or otherwise they are going to have an overflow of figures they can't sell which will lead to an early death of the 66 Batman line (unless these figures have a very HIGH profit margin in which selling 2 figures makes up for the other 2)

as far as new characters,we pretty much know who is coming...we just need some reveals

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎