Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Too bad about Gumm. I assume the estate is looking for too much for the likeness. Or it could be just on principle, like Carol Serling feels about 3D versions of Rod. Gumm would be great to have because he could be customized easily into Harry Mudd.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by rykerw1701
      Too bad about Gumm. I assume the estate is looking for too much for the likeness. Or it could be just on principle, like Carol Serling feels about 3D versions of Rod. Gumm would be great to have because he could be customized easily into Harry Mudd.
      I know from an interview with Kevin Smith that Carmel couldn't be used for the Batman/Green Hornet book he did. That's why the character had a gummy face in the book. FTC could do that design, tho.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I'm really hoping Tut-Tut is in wave 4; so close to getting him after all these decades, I don't want to wait and take the chance the next wave gets cancelled. I do imagine that Batgirl and Catwoman will be in two separate waves; I think the Mego Batgirl was the last to sell out of Batman wave three, so that will likely bring back the bogeyman of "females don't sell" (and I would point out that she did, indeed, sell out in the end to answer that charge). Given that Yvonne Craig's entry into the Bat license was late, I'm pretty sure we'll see Catwoman first. I hope one or the other is in the next wave; it's too much of a boy's club right now. One positive note is that once they do Catwoman's boots, they've got Batgirl's, as well, so hopefully that might speed the process just a bit.

Comment

• rlkrefft
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 14, 2010

I too want King Tut and Catwoman more than any other character. Really hope both are in wave 4. Mr. Freeze, Bookworm or jacket/hat Riddler would make me very happy too. I can wait on Batgirl. Never a favorite of mine, but I do want her, I just think the card back needs to be finished up first. Still hope there is a chance for Olga, Siren and especially False Face...and I would always welcome Green Hornet and Kato with open arms.

Comment

• Relic
            Banned
            • Jun 24, 2012

Enough with the Batman and Robin variants already. It should be King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Louie the Lilac and False Face. Its time for collectors to get figures that were never available back in the 1970's.

Comment

• OCSuperman
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 4, 2014

Judging by the card back ... Catwoman / King tut / Bookworm / mr Freeze ... but that seems too good ( all villians).

I do wonder how the female figs will look ... rooted hair or molded? I would hope rooted ... FTC has nailed these figures (I think) and maybe they're having trouble "perfecting" the females.???.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by OCSuperman
                FTC has nailed these figures (I think) and maybe they're having trouble "perfecting" the females.???.
                I wondered the same thing.
                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Pretty sure they'll do the rooted hair for the ladies; it's almost the only way to do Batgirl, and Newmar was often sporting something of a flip like the standard Mego style.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

I'm really ready for Batgirl and Catwoman of any three varieties now. After that, I think I'm good.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• firestarcomics
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jun 19, 2014

I don't know why release a figure when you can just a set of shorts for a figure. I say give us EARTHA KITT Catwoman already and let us play!

Comment

• jayraytee
                        Career Member
                        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by OCSuperman
                        Judging by the card back ... Catwoman / King tut / Bookworm / mr Freeze ... but that seems too good ( all villians).
                        That would be great to have all new characters even if they are all villians for the actual Wave 4, then use Batman and Robin variants for some of the exclusives. That way they are still available in limited quantities.
                        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
                          That would be great to have all new characters even if they are all villians for the actual Wave 4, then use Batman and Robin variants for some of the exclusives. That way they are still available in limited quantities.
                          based on previous waves history (batman and robin in every wave)...online retailers won't buy into an only villains wave or buying into any wave unless there are heavy hitters in it.FTC has to strategically put out batman somehow in every wave so the retailers will buy these.

Can Batgirl carry a wave? maybe,but not without Batman variant #10 in there

Comment

• rlkrefft
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 14, 2010

Originally posted by Teemu
                            based on previous waves history (batman and robin in every wave)...online retailers won't buy into an only villains wave or buying into any wave unless there are heavy hitters in it.FTC has to strategically put out batman somehow in every wave so the retailers will buy these.

Can Batgirl carry a wave? maybe,but not without Batman variant #10 in there
                            If this is the case then I guess RC Batman was saved this wave. I really hope King Tut, Mr. Freeze and Catwoman round out the wave. That would be a heavy hitter wave. I mean King Tut is probably the most wanted foe since we have never had a figure of him. Catwoman is an icon...and Freeze is very popular too. If this was wave 4 I would be very happy. Bookworm could be in wave 5 with Batgirl. Hopefully Barbara Gordon and False Face too.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by firestarcomics
                              I don't know why release a figure when you can just a set of shorts for a figure. I say give us EARTHA KITT Catwoman already and let us play!

YEAH! Darn tootin' we need Eartha Kitt AND Julie Newmar!
                              JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Let's take bets on whether FTC does "Frosty Freezies" Batman & Robin variants: Figures tucked into cone-cups, surrounded by colored batting. lol

Actually, those would be fun customs, but I was unimpressed by the table-tied versions.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎