Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Let's rewrite everything so the black community won't be upset. How about make a new hero or story. I will pass on this the same way I wouldn't take my daughter to see the Annie remake. But keep in mind when they do this kind of stuff to cater to one specific race you are making the people that have been loyal to the stories for years mad as hell.
    that's how I feel too. I am all for more diversity in movies/tv. but instead of being lazy and just recreating established characters in a different color, and trying to force diversity on the existing fan base, why not create something new that will appeal to the demographic.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Even the guys at Milestone Media do not like the current trend of "black-faced" characters (characters who were once white are not ethic).

As for Sue Storm:
      Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm's old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don't get along at first.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Yeah... I don't really care what race or nationality the characters are. That doesn't matter at all if they can catch the spirit of the FF. And maybe the trailer isn't entirely representative of what the movie is, but I'm with a few of the earlier posters, this would have been a home run if they could have captured that early Kirby feel. If Hollywood is looking for something new to do, I wish somebody would go for that.

These real-world rationalization of how there could be superheroes is already tired. Somebody just jump in and go for pure comicbook.

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by megoknight
          65 inch TV's are around $800 now. I don't go to theaters anymore.
          If you are the type of hermit you're describing, you can get a bigger setup with a projector for the same price.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            that's how I feel too. I am all for more diversity in movies/tv. but instead of being lazy and just recreating established characters in a different color, and trying to force diversity on the existing fan base, why not create something new that will appeal to the demographic.
            If only they would have told Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc. that kind of sentiment and stopped them at the gate---yeah, yeah, I get the names are exactly the same with a "superhero movie franchise" bite---but from a certain POV it's the same thing. New age, new interpretation.

And: If it's not sell-able for a new generation, they'll do a "white-only" reboot real soon, anyway.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
              LOL...they couldn't even get the logo right.
              Looks clever to me... the original was a circle----"4 equal sides" to this new logo.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

Is it just me, or do many of the current trailers for popcorn flics have the same tone? I mean, they are all very serious, with that quiet voiceover muttering about the force or some such? Is that a trend now?

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 30, 2012

Looks like this is gonna be a Redbox rental for me.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by huedell
                    If only they would have told Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc. that kind of sentiment and stopped them at the gate---yeah, yeah, I get the names are exactly the same with a "superhero movie franchise" bite---but from a certain POV it's the same thing. New age, new interpretation.

And: If it's not sell-able for a new generation, they'll do a "white-only" reboot real soon, anyway.

Sell the movie rights to Disney/Marvel.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                      These real-world rationalization of how there could be superheroes is already tired. Somebody just jump in and go for pure comicbook.
                      EXACTLY!! Don't be afraid...just go for it!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Looks like they want to move as far away from GOTG as possible (comedy). Seems very grey and bleak. Might be a good thing. I guess like most have said, if we go in not assuming its the FF that we all we know and love, it might actually surprise us. I loved Chronicle.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

This piece of junk will make Superman vs Batman look like gone with the wind.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Damn... I really hope Marvel Studios gets the cinematic rights to the FF back some day.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                              Damn... I really hope Marvel Studios gets the cinematic rights to the FF back some day.
                              This is an issue I actually addressed in a different thread several months ago, but I think it bears repeating...

Wouldn't it be fantastic (please pardon the pun) to get an FF movie with the proper scale and just the right mix of gravitas and humor (a trait MARVEL seems surprisingly good at).

Imagine the first movie giving us the origin (done properly and perhaps even in the right era) along with the Mole Man and his giant critter along with his horde of underground dwelling minions, the ending setting up the coming showdown with Doctor Doom.

Second film intros the Skrulls (again, properly) and perhaps either the Puppet Master or, even more ideally, the Sub Mariner (especially since ol' fish breath always had the hots for Susan Storm---good conflict there).

Third film is basically FF vs. Doom as he kidnaps the Baxter Building and the FF eventually take the fight to him in Latveria. At the end of film three, Reed discovers something BAD going on in outer space...

Next trilogy gives the fans what they really want.

First up, Reed and Co. discover and enter the Negative Zone and puts Annihilus on the big screen with him actually knowing something of what Reed discovered at the end of movie three and being scared of it (ya gotta imagine if something could scare Annihilus, it would be pretty nasty).

Second film is the FF discovering The Inhumans (if they haven't already had their own flick by then). End of that movie is basically the arrival of The Silver Surfer.

Third movie is split in two (kind of what they're planning for AVENGERS: THE INFINITY WAR) and basically gives us FF issues 48-50 in a HUGE epic that pretty much blows anything else we've seen away.

Now THAT, I would pay money for!!
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎