X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

palitoy

why did mego only do certain wgsh figures in the u.k.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Different regions sometimes want their own ideas injected. Hasbro did the same thing with GI Joe only they also changed the name to fit each region and produced product relative to that territory. Obviously Mego didn't own the hero licenses, so they couldn't change their names or appearances, but they definitely could repackage or manufacture the product different according to what they thought would sell in those locations. Plus it looked good in their portfolio to diversify the product. Mattel also did that with Big Jim.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

think it's odd that we got the lizard but no thor or iron man and the thing & the torch but no mr.fantastic or any of the super hero girls .

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Agreed, i always found it odd that you could get the Human Torch and the Thing, but not Mr Fantastic and Invisible Girl.

Originally posted by daz71
        think it's odd that we got the lizard but no thor or iron man and the thing & the torch but no mr.fantastic or any of the super hero girls .

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

If I remember right they basically cheery picked the characters they thought would sell.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, they seemed to steer clear of women in any of their lines (No Uhura for Trek, Dr Russel wasn't in their 1999 assortment) and I think they just chose the characters that they felt would sell best for the UK.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wise4671
              Banned
              • Aug 11, 2007

That would have stunk back in the day it would have been hard to "collect em all"

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

the only way we knew the other ones existed was comics.by the time i contacted heroes world the only ones left were falcon,shazam mr.mxyz and riddler.my nan had to make me thor and iron man .

Comment

• Wise4671
                  Banned
                  • Aug 11, 2007

You know it's funny to think about it but our Moms and Grams were really the first customizes. Think about how many times your Mom restrung your Megos or the outfits they made for them because we either lost or ripped the original.

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

yeh my nan made me the vision and most of the avengers

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡