X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Presto Magix Batman

I love Presto Magix and I recently appeared on the Super Mates podcast to extoll their virtue. One of the things I discussed was this Batman and Robin set, one of my favourites and the really weird variation. Above is the later released version and features some beautiful stock art of Batman and Robin.

And this is the early, weird version that looks like a sixth grader drew the capped crusaders. It's so weird, everything is beautifully drawn in this picture except for Batman and Robin?

Robin seems to have forgotten to bring his underpants...and crotch. I would love to know what happened here...
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Holy....!!! I'm speechless. I think this wins the award for worst artwork on an officially licensed product. Heck, most bootlegs have better art that this!

Maybe, somehow, the rough, pre-production art got...produced? Either that or the artist from the Country Music Wax Museum Coloring Book really did draw Batman and Robin here!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I think I had that original one. Great stuff.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

As I said in the episode, I had the corrected one with the classic Infantino Batman and Robin. Thank goodness, because even as a kid I would have called foul on that horrible art on the previous version!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I see something similar to that concept today, except they're called "tattoos". Kids put them on their arms. You rub it on with a wet cloth. The artwork has certainly come a long way since that initial idea. Glad they switched to stock images soon after!

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

That artwork is so bad I like it. I dont recall ever getting any Presto Magix.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎