• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I hate ebay snipers!!11

kitty_sniper.jpg

Today I was bidding on several ebay auctions that had Megos in them and it looked I was winning until the last 2 seconds and POW it jumped up and I lost them in a $20 jump by the person.

This just irks me. I do not have the lighting high speed internet so I was happy to that it looked like I was winning on some Megos to fill in the holes in my collection. One auction was down to the last second and it would have finished my McDonaldland collection with Big Mac and then as it changed to 0 I lost out.

Sorry I just need to vent.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 26, '15, 5:37 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

happened to me last night, and I have high speed internet......
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

I can empathize. Lately, as a rule on auctions, I just start out with the absolute highest I'm willing to go on something and stick with that bid. If I see that it starts getting close to my high bid, sometimes I'll reevaluate whether or not I'm willing to go higher and then adjust accordingly. Usually when I'm hit by a last minute snipe, I end up finding a better deal later on. So hang in there and try to remember that the hunt is part of the fun/reward in the long run. Best of luck next time.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

How is this still an issue in 2015? I know it sucks to be sniped, but either bid your absolute maximum and don't worry about it or use a sniping service. No sense getting upset, because even if you did have another opportunity to raise your bid, you don't know if the other bidder would have gone higher.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

You then should really consider having a sniping service to facilitate your future quests...especially since you don't have high speed internet. A snipe service will do the work for you.

And yes, I snipe all the time...it works for me...I used to be like you, got tired of it...now I can sleep at night, and not worry about live bidding, I just don't have the inclination nor the time.

Mott point either way, you set a certain high bid goal. Whether you snipe or not...it's how high you are willing to go in order to win...if you want it bad and can afford it...chances are that you are going to win the auction.

Sorry, but it's a dog eat dog world in the world of auctions...it really doesn't pay to be a nice guy...you gotta get mean...have the mind set of a Terminator...I'll be back, hasta la vista, baby.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MegoSteve
            How is this still an issue in 2015? I know it sucks to be sniped, but either bid your absolute maximum and don't worry about it or use a sniping service. No sense getting upset, because even if you did have another opportunity to raise your bid, you don't know if the other bidder would have gone higher.
            Amen, brother.
            sigpic

Comment

• cockyhoskins
              Career Member
              • Jan 13, 2009

Which snipe service do you guys use btw? I've never used one, but would like to see what they are about.

Comment

• SentientApe
                Career Member
                • May 1, 2014

Yeah, what those guys said. You cannot be sniped if you just post your highest bid. You only lose when you are trying to get a bargain. There's always the "Buy It Now" function.
                Last edited by SentientApe; Jan 26, '15, 6:48 PM.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 13, 2009

I generally don't deviate from my max bid. I'm more interested in setting up conditional bidding; for example, if I'm watching three auctions for the same item that all end around the same time. If I can't be there to confirm I won the first one, I'd like something that could be programmed to bid on the second, and so on.
                  Last edited by cockyhoskins; Jan 26, '15, 6:50 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

Usually I set a high bid and let it go, today I just happened to be by the computer and noticed the sniping mess. What is sad is most of the figures were in bad shape. I only wanted one figure each in three sets of 6 megos sets, so I set my price according to that. Somebody overpaid on some beater figures. I thought around $55-60 per set was more than enough...I was wrong.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

I use esnipe and have used it for years with good results and no problems.

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• SentientApe
                        Career Member
                        • May 1, 2014

Speaking of which, someone (probably someone on here) just now sniped an auction from under me. However, I already placed my highest bid (literally after posting in this thread) so, IMPO, they paid to much. So, in the end, I won.

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

sadly it comes down to whoever wants it more.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2011

not so much snipers... ebay has it set where you can put a max bid in and walk away and not be there out the end of auction. In the case of $20.00,
                            someone just put a max bid $20.00 higher then your final bid, that is what happens.
                            Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                            :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                            I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

I look at it like this, the more of a sniper's money I eat up with my high bid, the less things he can buy. Good for me later.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎