X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

EMCE Diamond Hulk?

I can see a Hulk set that came with three different bodies being one of the best retro type of toys ever. These sets make me wonder how much more money would it cost to just include bodies for each figure anyhow?
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

THere's no way to do this in the current set-up, I fear, though I so wish it could happen if it means we get a taller, green overmuscled body like the ones Doc sells in white. Having the Hulk be a a half inch shorter than everyone else is just wrong on SO many levels. As for a set, I would pay considerably more if we're talking a regular body for Banner, a green one for regular Hulk and a gray one for either his original appearance or the Mr. Fixit era. I could see two green versions, the classic and the Peter David intelligent Hulk, as there'd be enough differences to warrant a second head there. I imagine they are at least trying to figure out a way to do the green goliath in these sets; he's one of Marvel's biggest hitters from the 70's TV show to the present Avengers stint, so he's got major sales written all over his jade hide. I just don't know how they would pull it off in this very limited format.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

My understanding is that the agreement doesn't allow for a two-pack, so I don't know if puny Banner is possible within this format. A shame, given the "alter ego" premise of this series so far.

If we are limited to one body (hopefully Doc Mego's new "Hulk" body), what I'd like to see is a head and Pantheon jumpsuit for The Professor/Smart Hulk/Merged Hulk from Peter David's run (not very Mego-ey I know). And a Grey Hulk head and hands, with a full three piece suit and hat for "Mr Fixit". Alternatively, maybe a page from the original Thing, and do a grey bodysuit and torn shirt for 1st appearance Hulk?
      Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 30, '15, 12:26 PM.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Likely not possible, but in a Blue-Sky kind of world... a Lou Ferigno Head and ripped clothing.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

From what we've been told of the parameters of the license, a set could possibly include an adapted Doc Mego green muscle body Hulk with removable fists, grey and red body suits, grey and red Hulk heads and the appropriate pants. Or possibly forego the red Hulk and have repro Mego Hulk head, a more comic accurate Hulk head and a Grey Hulk head.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I 'd like to see EMCE come out with a Thor and Ironman how cool would that be.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              I 'd like to see EMCE come out with a Thor and Ironman how cool would that be.
              A whole lot cooler than Wolverine!!!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Thor is already planned, as a prototype of the Mego repro Thor (sans helmet & possiblt hammer) has been shown at the last con.....probably SDCC? I think it was mentioned Iron Man was also planned, but nothing has been shown!

HULK, can't they do a repro hulk but on Docs bigger/better body in green, a banner head/outfit although it obviously wouldn't work on the included HULK body (I wouldn't care as an extra body would be needed anyways) & then the grey or red bodysuit & hands/feet. I'd possibly buy that!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

I don't think red would work, as Red Hulk is a different character: the license only allows for one character per set if I understand it correctly.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

^
                    ^^
                    Good points by both.

A grey Hulk like in Incredible Hulk 1 would need a minimal body suit since he had a ripped shirt. The tattered clothes could be sewn onto the grey suit. Or the mr. fixit route could be taken as Ed suggested.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

If/when they ever release a Hulk set, and based on the parameters set by Hasbro/Marvel, I'm guessing we'll get:
                      1) Repro Mego Hulk (on a green Dr. Mego muscle body, of course)
                      2) a new modern Hulk headsculpt and, hopefully, shredded shirt and pants
                      3) Smart Hulk head and suit (black tank top, brown pants and belt, and SHOES for the Hulk's feet). Might even have removable glasses like the Peter Parker head in the Spidey set. This would probably satisfy the Secret Identity requirement for the set, too.

Throw in accessories like extra hands, a Hulk-sized lab coat, and maybe some scientific equipment, and I could see this on the shelf.
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Why not just include the Bruce Banner clothes and head, even if the only body is the green "Hulked out" body? Surely collectors are either leaving these on card (which would look fine) or are supplementing with additional bodies.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Why not just include the Bruce Banner clothes and head, even if the only body is the green "Hulked out" body? Surely collectors are either leaving these on card (which would look fine) or are supplementing with additional bodies.
                          That's what I said too! I agree w/ Spytel; we already know we'll need additional bodies anyways, so I prefer a banner (flesh rotocast please) head & outfit to fit on a normal mego/Dr.Mego Caucasian body.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
                            That's actually a good point; it sounds like most folks are getting bodies for the additional pieces anyway. I'd definitely be on board for something like that, if Diamond would consider the option. They could even say the Banner head can go with the Hulk body if he's in mid transformation.

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

Thor will be shown at New York Toy Fair on February 13th - if it even stops snowing here.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎