• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

As promised

image.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure why the photos come out this way from the phone lol

DST Spiderman.jpg

saved it to my work PC did an edit and here ya go lol
    Last edited by Bronxboykev; Feb 10, '15, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

that's cool, Bronx.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 21, 2009

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
        As promised

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14007[/ATTACH]

I can't for the life of me figure why the photos come out this way from the phone lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14009[/ATTACH]

saved it to my work PC did an edit and here ya go lol
        That's exactly what I was hoping to do!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

What I also did, was after I CAREFULLY removed the boxed Circle suit Spiderman from the side, I folded a piece of paper lengthwise along the side of the Glue like substance so as to not have the Box stick back to it.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Looks great!: Mine's in the mail and I've already received my Doc Mego bodies! Can't wait!
            sigpic

Comment

• SpaceAgent
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 21, 2009

Got this today, and it's very impressive, although the packaging has some irritating things about it. As pointed out, the plastic hooks through the clothes can damage the clothes, and there's far too much glue - holding the Mego box in, and the gold stickers on the side. I also don't like that you can't really get the accessories without destroying the blue backing in the package. This is made to appeal to collectors, who like to keep things in the package after they take them out. This doesn't allow for that. What's with the "removable mask" wording on the package?

Overall, a very impressive start, but the package could use a few tweaks.

Comment

• silveralex
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 22, 2012

As the news of Spidey joining Marvel's Cinematic Universe hit, I got my Spidey set today (from EE).

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with it. After the initial posts came in , I briefly considered cancelling my pre-order. Glad I waited as though not perfect, it's a very nice addition to my Mego superheroes.

As posted earlier in the thread, the packaging is a problem. It displays great if you never plan on opening it, but I'm one of those guys who plays with their toys. The replica mego box inside is glued to the side of the bigger box. I managed to get it unstuck and mostly intact with some trouble, but I did a minor blemish on it. I like how it shows Cap, Wolverine, and Thor figures (with part codes! ) The rest of the package has to be torn up to get at the accessories/parts. Not a big deal for me, I only wanted to try to salvage the mego replica box which I did. The Parker and new Spidey parts will go on figures, not stay in a box.

The quality of the costumes and parts is good. Definitely NOT a cheapo production. The costumes have a "sheen" to them that's different than original Mego, but nice. I wasn't sure about the boots that new Spidey comes with (not sure why that decision was made), but they are not as bulky as I feared and Spidey looks good in em. I'm fine with the 2 new head sculpts.

The Parker outfit is OK, but the sweater is hard to get on properly (I can't get the collar to look right, will try again later) and I did get a couple of holes in mine taking it out of the package.

Like I said, the biggest issue for me is getting stuff out of the packaging - minor damage to the sweater (I guess I could have been more careful, but I wasn't really rough with it) and the box.

If they can address this, I'm looking forward to rest of the line.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

i got my two sets today overall i feel they are so so but glad to have them finally.i was expecting the package to be bigger,the heads are a bit small,i am used to getting doc mego or ctvt heads and having to do some trimming and sanding at the neck plugs to fit in but these fit in without a hitch as well as the hand plug ins.i removed the mego box with a box cutter and slowly peeling it away from it's side resulting in no damage which i was concerned about.

Comment

• kept back
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 2, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                    Brian Cotter's review bothered me too at first. I was afraid that something got messed up in production,
                    but once I saw the set in person at Amok Time Toys, I felt foolish for letting a guy who was kicked off
                    the Museum for being a pyscho, make me doubt.
                    I'd love to know the story behind that. Dude is a grade a ******.
                    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎