X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I like the Crystar toys. I think they are really cool looking. Translucent plastic is one of my top toy gimmicks. Plus as an added bonus they are in perfect scale with LJN's D&D line.

Yes indeed! Like the Tron figures by Tomy for example. These were so colorful and creative. I remember wanting the toys, but for whatever reason (probably too busy with Star Wars), I never got any. But I remember the comic ads fondly.

Just look at that gorgeous painting. That's the toy artwork I miss sorely. Hand painted, color-saturated goodness! I love this!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
      Yes indeed! Like the Tron figures by Tomy for example.
      Totally! Those are awesome. Translucent AND glow in the dark. Doesn't get much cooler.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

So the ad mentions TV spots and a Cable special. Was anything ever actually produced?
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by acrovader
          I have several of these. The Crystar figure was the best. It's hard to argue about a crystal figure with a crystal sword, shield, and helmet. That being said, the toy line was a bit chintzy.
          I love the design and the play concepts of this line, but the quality was not quite there. Ripe for reissue/updating/kickstarter IMO.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Comic Books in the Media: The Saga of Crystar

On my site I have on of the commericals and the Robot Chicken episode. I have to two color books in, I just need to scan them in so I can place them on the site.

The Commercial is the only animation of Crystar out there.
            Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 24, '15, 11:30 PM.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

my younger brother had a bunch of them, I was a little too old for them. I actually think I have a few of them, or parts of them, in my "don't know what to do with" box

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Cool! I had all the issues of the Marvel Comics series as a kid, but I never, ever saw any of the toys in the stores anywhere, even though I looked for them.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Falstaff13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 28, 2008

Thanks for the link to the commercial. It helped me discover I've always mispronounced the toy's name. Sure, I knew it was related to crystals, but, in my head, I always said the first syllable to rhyme with "eye" for some reason.
                  Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                  Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

This was one of those lines I saw as a kid and had to have. I thought it was great.... Comic was horrible, but toys were cool. Much like Megos Eagle Force, I was crushed when it didn't succeed.
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

This is a classic toy line I always wanted and never got

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎