Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Oh, now I see the webbing issue toward the belt that I'd read about. The new figure does have a Captain Action Spider vibe to it so much so he's like a miniature version. I like my CA one. The webbing issue isn't a deal breaker for me, just the cost. Anyway, I'd rather have the retro re-issued one so hook me up people.

Comment

• DSTZach
      Museum Super Collector
      • Mar 1, 2012

I don't believe you will ever see a box set with more than one character in it, per our license, but Ask DST!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by DSTZach
        I don't believe you will ever see a box set with more than one character in it, per our license, but Ask DST!

http://www.artasylum.com
        In that case, it will be interesting to see where you go with the "Alter Ego" theme with the Incredible Hulk if/when that comes! Obviously "Puny" Banner can't share the Hulk body... but I guess Mr Fixit/original Grey Hulk can!
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

It's too bad DST has to stick with that format because I would rather have a retro spidey/green goblin 2 pack than 3 versions of the same figure.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I finally opened my shipping box for this set; haven't opened the set yet. It's not bad at all.

The presentation of the box is very well done. It does have a Captain Action feel to it, which is fine with me, but I like that it is a full set with no extras to but and with swappable heads instead of masks. Diamond must have been feeling the CA vibe too, as the wording on the box is misleading -- "Updated costume with removable mask"... uh, no. Then it mentions them Peter Parker head and costume. A tad confusing for someone that didn't know better. Besides all of that, if I walked into a shop, this set would definitely catch my attention.

Retro Spider-Man looks great, even though I would have preferred a non-circle costume. I just hope I can get the retro box free without too much damage.

It is hard to get a perfect look at the Peter Parker head behind two layers of plastic, but I think the comparison to the EMCE Picard head is unfounded. Even from the pictures of Captain Pike, which I do not own yet, I think the painted head was done much better in this case.

Modern Spidey's suit has its' issues, which have already noted. The black lines and spider should have been darker and the weirdness of the webs around the waste is... weird. Nothing that is a deal breaker, but the execution on the suit could have definitely been better. Still not sure how much I like the plastic boots. I guess they are boots in the comic, but they look like socks!

Lot's of accessories! USEFUL accessories! All nice looking, with the exception of the glasses, which I know are too big. But my Peter doesn't wear glasses, so I don't care. and now I have the booklet to look forward to reading.

Diamond definitely needs to address the way the clothes are held in the package. The holes are way too noticeable on Peter's sweater, even still in the package.

Overall, I am happy with the set and have no regrets pre-ordering the Captain America or Wolverine sets. It's not worth $80, pre-shipped, but if anyone is actually paying $80 for this set, I would be shocked and I would tell you to ask here for suggestions on where to get it cheaper.

I hope to find time to open it up this week and maybe put Peter and modern Spidey on some Type-S bodies I have saved for them.

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Not sure if anybody else noticed, but this package fits almost perfectly in the old Mego counter display box.

[IMG][/IMG]
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 12, 2014

I used a razor blade to cut the glue off of the box that Spidey was in. It was a slow process but it survived without a scratch. I used my trusty razor to cut the plastic holding the costumes and gear off the big box and cut the little plastics pieces attaching the clothes from the back. Everything came out A okay. Very time consuming. I hope they rethink their packaging on the upcoming sets. It does look great if you are not opening it up. Wheres the fun in that? I got them on the type S bodies and I am very happy!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

retro spidey has a red body!
                  love it.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                    retro spidey has a red body!
                    love it.
                    Wow! I never expected that!
                    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Got mine today, and I'm loving it. This is the one I've been waiting for since this ReMego movement began.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Robin NY
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 13, 2008

no matching box insert??? Don't like material used for retro outfit, think this ,ight be a pass for me

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎