Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harbingerboy
    Career Member
    • Jun 18, 2007

Much better than first reports lol...Wow, I was really scared for this line. Not a perfect set, but not bad at all! I feel like the biggest issue (other than the size of Pete's glasses and visage) is the faded look of the modern emblem. And that repro box should not be that difficult to get out, that's ridiculous. Anyway...I want one now!
    Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jan 22, '15, 4:56 PM.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
      Banned
      • Aug 4, 2014

I have a MOC vintage Spidey. This is cool for what it is, but the parker outfit should have more closely matched the SI, IMO.

An easy pass for me, Spidey isn't a must have character. Wolverine is nice tho.
      Last edited by Toy Timelord; Jan 22, '15, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Killer Iguana
        Museum Super Collector
        • Feb 6, 2013

Got mine today. I haven't taken everything out of the package yet. My initial thought is that it looks pretty good.

But, I'm so disappointed on how the retro box is glued in. The retro box was one of the things I was most looking forward to, and now it's ruined. I'm wondering if there might be a way to get a replacement.

Comment

• nobody
          banjo!
          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Killer Iguana
          Got mine today. I haven't taken everything out of the package yet. My initial thought is that it looks pretty good.

But, I'm so disappointed on how the retro box is glued in. The retro box was one of the things I was most looking forward to, and now it's ruined. I'm wondering if there might be a way to get a replacement.
          I'm sure it's just that tack glue. Either remove slow or hair dry it. It should roll into a ball on your finger once you remove it. Doc would quality control that, and never let that happen.

Comment

• Killer Iguana
            Museum Super Collector
            • Feb 6, 2013

Originally posted by megoknight
            I'm sure it's just that tack glue. Either remove slow or hair dry it. It should roll into a ball on your finger once you remove it. Doc would quality control that, and never let that happen.
            The adhesive is more aggressive than tack glue, and there's so much of it. It looks like double sided tape. I used a hair dryer and a credit card to try to pry the box out of the package, and this is what I got. There's no rolling it into a ball.

IMG_8463.jpg IMG_8464.jpg

Might be a minor problem, but still disappointing.
            Last edited by Killer Iguana; Jan 22, '15, 6:25 PM.

Comment

• Killer Iguana
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 6, 2013

I will add that I do really like the box. And, I especially like the plastic insert that keeps Spidey in place.

IMG_8473.jpg IMG_8471.jpg

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                Heart was beating too fast... Keeping her for Observation, prescribed all brand new meds they think she needs a couple of weeks for the body to adjust to the new meds... Thanks for asking Jim!
                No problem. I just thought your Moms health was more important than toys. Hope she has a speedy recovery!!

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I like the idea of the plastic insert myself, Spidey looks okay to me, and hope your Mom feels
                  better soon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm still a little disappointed with the Parker head & his spectacles, but I'm grateful for these detail pix and feel more confident about the line. Bring on Cap!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

Those are nice detailed pictures. Glad your mom is OK, too.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by Killer Iguana
                        The adhesive is more aggressive than tack glue, and there's so much of it. It looks like double sided tape. I used a hair dryer and a credit card to try to pry the box out of the package, and this is what I got. There's no rolling it into a ball.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13860[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13859[/ATTACH]

Might be a minor problem, but still disappointing.
                        OMG!! That is unacceptable. The only reason I'd want the repro Spidey is to display him in the box, that's horrible!

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Sweet! Can't wait to pick mine up. Spidey's the one from this series that's a MUST HAVE for me. I dig the 60's animated series vibe of the Parker Head. I think Andy/Crimson Ghost did a fantastic job with the sculpts from what I can see of the pics.
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• zeedox
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 10, 2007

Great toy glad to have it. Does anyone think once some of these are out they might release for example a multi pack with just the retros of spidey cap etc? I just can't get myself to spend the $ on doubles and the package is too cool. That and Spidey seems like the easiest of the original bunch to pick up for 15 to 20 bucks etc.

That's a shame about the vintage box not being able to be taken out nicely. :-(
                            Last edited by zeedox; Jan 23, '15, 8:10 AM.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

not bad at all....on S-Type body

100_6938.jpg

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

I pre-ordered mine from Entertain Earth forever ago. I hope they get them in soon.
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎