Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now I really wish FTC had gotten Mego Marvel license!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I am concerned that Diamond/Emce might have a hard time selling out a figure like the The Lizard (mego lizard, modern lizard, secet identity) this is too much lizard versus
    Ftc wave (original spidey no circle, Lizard, Green goblin, and maybe Daredevil) . other waves could include Doc ock, punisher , Rhino ,Vulture and Electro etc

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by wise guy
      I am concerned that Diamond/Emce might have a hard time selling out a figure like the The Lizard (mego lizard, modern lizard, secet identity) this is too much lizard versus
      Ftc wave (original spidey no circle, Lizard, Green goblin, and maybe Daredevil) . other waves could include Doc ock, punisher , Rhino ,Vulture and Electro etc
      I agree, but at least 4 now it doesn't look like this is going to happen! My brother who was 4-5 years older than me (he was born 1970, me late 74) had the Marvel Mego & most of the DC Mego before I came alog & shared his & got my own (He had NO use or want for the Super Gals like I did & he had earlier DC versions like RC * RM Bats/Robin & I got the later molded/painted versions) to add to our Mego collection. So I have vague memories of playing w/ some or all the Fanntastic 4, Green Goblin, Iron Msn & Captain America, but they didn't last into my childhood the way the other DC, Star Trek, & lines that were all mine like the Pocket Super Heroes & Dukes Of Hazzards did. So I am REALLY wating (& NEEDING) @ least repros of the FULL Marvel line up from Mego! I also would LOVE MANY other NEW ever before released Marvel Mego-likes in 70s Mego fashion!

I'm afraid DST/EMCE Marvel repros will never finish the Mego line-up w/ Marvel's license restrictions in place. This 1 Character + 1 Body rule kills this line for me. I'm hoping the Spidey set gets down to $50 or so on clearance to put it in a price range I'll even consider. I would LOVE to just get single releases of repro Marvel Mego's w/ dozens of NEW 70s MEGO-inspired 8" retro figures to add to the original set! Especially more villains to help Lizard & Green Goblin out! But I'm afraid these VERY strict license parameters will keep this dream of getting all the Mego Marvel repros + many NEW 8" retro Marvel figures an implausibility unfortunately! :(

I guess a wait & see approach is all I can do! It's too bad though! I wish DST & Dr. Mego got to release these as singles, they way I bet they'd prefer toayways! I'm happy for those who love them though, & hope I can find people who have the original megos & will sell their unwanted repros to me!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

I would be willing to pay $80.00 for a single boxed repro Goblin, Lizard, Hulk, Falcon, Thing, Torch, Invisible Girl and Mr. Fantastic without the extra costumes and heads if this is the price that has to be charged to get them made. I don't think we will ever see any of these in the current style of release. Spending $80.00 for a new figure is a lot of money but it beats what I would have to pay to own originals of all these in the condition I would have to have them in.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
          Banned
          • Aug 4, 2014

I think the figures look okay, i just wish we had gotten single carded reissues, with some new faces thrown in, like FTC did. $75 per character is pretty off putting.

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

The figures do look better than original pics but that $80.00 is a lot for some folks especially if they are not a hardcore collector of 8" retros.
            I have been collecting these since castaway phantom and recently joined megomuseum because there seems to be little or no interest in 8" retros
            on other sites like toy news international, fwoosh, action figure insider ( except for batman 66) . When mattel discontinued the dc retros
            i remember someone here asking emce if they could continue Dc retros and the answer was no and yet Ftc came in and put them out so
            i beleive that Ftc will get Marvel( if these fail) and without the 3 of the same figure restriction that diamond states.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

I don't see FTC getting Marvel ever...Why? because the Marvel license costs lots of Money.DC's license is waaaaaaaay cheaper to get.DST is ALREADY replicating Marvel Mego's and it would be too much of a Risk for FTC to make money on these

plus Hasbro and DST has the Marvel license to produce figures....so not happening

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

For the first time, I actually started working with the FTC bodies for a project I'm doing. It was the Batman '66 line. I was thrilled with the accessories, like the boots and gloves, and the accessory pack. But the bodies aren't good, and should be for the money. Fortunately I had three Zica bodies I forgot I had even bought and I switched them around. Those are absolutely outstanding. A little beefy for '66 Batman, but the bodies are great. They move well, they can hold a pose, and the extra hands are great. If those can be made in a presumably relatively small run, then FTC can do better, too. Also, I hear the S-Bodies are good, though I don't have any so I can't compare.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

If the Marvel license is really that expensive and Diamond & Hasbro has the Marvel figures than maybe FTC can do some other comic charectors like
                  Vampirella, The Spirit, or Solar man of atom

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎