Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

I enjoyed it a lot. I thought they did a good job of grounding it in as much reality as possible. Of course, there are lots of directions that you can go with such a thing. I liked the choices they made.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Also hated the parachuting scene because the background sound effects clearly ripped off the end of 2001 (see 2001 slit-scan scenes)

It was not without it's moments .....

I did like Zilla ripping the Muto's mouth open and giving it a fire lunch down it's throat

The end was good too --- I like the fact Zilla's soul existence is just not walking on buildings for the hell of it.

The new Zilla does have potential --- I hope the sequel just tries to make a good movie rather than an event.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

No care from me about screen time for Godzilla OR screen time for Cranston.

Why?

I thought it was a great movie.

Sometimes that's all I need.

Actually... USUALLY that's all I need
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I'd like to see a Superman vs. Godzilla movie, would be interesting, maybe someday?

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            I'd like to see a Superman vs. Godzilla movie, would be interesting, maybe someday?
            Considering Superman can literally move the moon I don't see much of a fight short of Zilla having Kryptonian breath

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Imagine a bullet going through a person's brain or heart, killing him instantly.

I don't have to tell you who Superman would be, certainly not the person...that would be Godzilla, lol.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

BTW, loved the movie, especially on a large flatscreen with surround sound blasting.
                sigpic

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I hated it. It was a huge disappointment.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I liked that Godzilla wasn't evil and was back to being a force of nature beyond human understanding and protector of the earth. I didn't like that it took and hour to see him.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I like Godzilla evil, but I don't like his trampling the cities for no reason.

I think that's why I love Godzilla 1985 so much --- He's nasty, but has a purpose.

Been really getting into the Heisei series lately.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Godzilla would swat Superman like a fly. Superman would just bounce off his hide, it would be no more than accupuncture to him.

Godzilla crush puny Kryptonian!!
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                          Godzilla would swat Superman like a fly. Superman would just bounce off his hide, it would be no more than accupuncture to him.

Godzilla crush puny Kryptonian!!
                          I dunno .........

In Superman The Movie Supes flew down into the Earth's bowels and sealed the San Andreas fault.

That makes me think he could fly down Godzilla's throat, pull out it's guts --- and show them to him

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Supes will basically be a deadly little bullet to the oversized reptile...fying at the speed of light, just imagine a thousand bullets hitting Godzilla's heart in less than a second...dead lizard.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

It would just give G a mild case of indigestion. A burp and a fart, and Superman would be on the ground, in a puddle of lizard poo...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                                Supes will basically be a deadly little bullet to the oversized reptile...fying at the speed of light, just imagine a thousand bullets hitting Godzilla's heart in less than a second...dead lizard.
                                If you were to take into account Superman's values when entering into these debates about Godzilla or Batman or whoever vs. Superman, he wouldn't be flying thru Zilla's heart or throwing Batman into the sun or whatever, he just wouldn't do those sorts of things and still be in character. He would first find a way to stop the monster without having to kill him if at all possible. Maybe flying him to another planet or Monster Island or something. Maybe his zoo in the Fortress of Solitude.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎