• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Batman VS Robin

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Guessing this is a sequel to Son of Batman.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Shouldn't that kid be in school or something?
      sigpic

Comment

• ZombieJimC
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 12, 2014

Bruce probably home schools him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I picked up Son of Batman for like $2 post-Thanksgiving at Wal-mart. I payed $1.99 too much. Jeez, those movies have just gotten stupidly violent and over the top. Not for me.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I picked up Son of Batman for like $2 post-Thanksgiving at Wal-mart. I payed $1.99 too much. Jeez, those movies have just gotten stupidly violent and over the top. Not for me.
            Yet, they're better than any live-action than released by DC themselves or, even (most films that) Marvel have put out .... or, likely WILL put out.

I just saw Assault On Arkham and the new "Atlantis" (or whatever than JL sequel is called) films (has there even been threads for those two great movies?), and was thinking about how rich they were, and I sighed knowing they wouldn't be championed by those expecting "family fare"----meanwhile, we get overall kudos for live-action Batman and Superman movies where Superman's persona is barely recognizable and Batman films where the greatest Batman moments are derived from a villain whose inherent persona is the antithesis of the bland "realistic" (humorless) tone of the overall overrated trilogy. Not a fan of the Damien Wayne character, but I'm betting this'll be competitive quality-wise with Avengers 2, or whatever new stuff gets released in "the big leagues".
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I haven't seen it yet, but I sure hope at least one character gets their arms ripped off. I think the quality of the DC animated offerings has been dropping off for awhile. I'd honestly rather watch reruns of JLU arcs or BTAS over many of them. I wasn't a huge fan of the latest Batman or Superman films either. I used to think DC made good cartoons, and Marvel made good live action films.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Havent seen Atlantis yet but I like Assault on Arkham, but if I were a parent trying to enjoying Batman with a child, I'd be disappointed, too. In one sense the violence doesn't really bother me, but I'm not sure what it adds, either. I know kids aren't really into comics anymore, but many like action figures and T-shirts and what not that super heroes can be plastered all over. It seem to me there would be a sweet spot that would appeal to both an adult and a kid. It seemed like Timm and his bunch were pretty good at hitting it a decade or so ago.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by madmarva
                  ...but if I were a parent trying to enjoying Batman with a child, I'd be disappointed, too.
                  Me too. But I don't have a kid, so I don't see why something that I enjoy watching should be criticized for something it "isn't" rather than something it "is". Now, if an adult doesn't like it, for that reason alone (i.e. not bringing the "I should've been able to watch this with my kid" aspect in), then, okay, that's valid enough---but why EVERY DC animated release has to be "kid-friendly" or it gets a bad review, I'll never understand.

In one sense the violence doesn't really bother me, but I'm not sure what it adds, either.
                  "Dramatic weight equal to the great dialogue being written." would be my personal answer on what it adds.

I know kids aren't really into comics anymore, but many like action figures and T-shirts and what not that super heroes can be plastered all over. It seem to me there would be a sweet spot that would appeal to both an adult and a kid. It seemed like Timm and his bunch were pretty good at hitting it a decade or so ago
                  I agree 100%---so, there, that's just ONE series (or about 5 series, technically) in a bazillion DC projects that get released that families can watch. Everyone's happy
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I have liked most of the DC offerings and I like the more violent nature of these direct to video movies. it mirrors what comics were in the nineties, and maybe still are, I don't know as I stopped buying long ago. if I want to watch kid friendly superhero cartoons there are plenty of offerings out there, both new and old

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎