Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

These will NOT last at $80 each! FTC $25 single DC Megos are a BARGAIN!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah, these initial pictures aren't very promising. Of all the components in the set, I was most excited about getting a very Romita-esque Parker head---too bad there seems to be such a drop-off between the prototype and the production model. If they had really nailed the alter ego head and clothing, I was willing to pay the premium they are asking. Now, I don't know...

I just hope the outstanding Captain America/Steve Rogers doesn't turn out badly.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

For me personally, resin heads are an unforgivable sin here. At this price point I cannot see the justification for that choice. I don't care how limited these sets are, you HAVE to do vinyl heads.

The modern Spidey never really appealed to me, but the finished product simply looks awful. I try to be positive about all things ReMego, but it's becoming hard to find anything positive about this set.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I'm a bit embarrassed because I totally championed these figures (and the whole forthcoming line) on this board & elsewhere once I saw the prototypes for the Spidey set and heard about the concept behind the line and the upcoming sets. I thought that it was a great concept with a great release schedule (in spite of it being more sparse than what FTC was doing with WGSH). If these are indeed the production sets, frankly, it looks like the beginning is the END, here. I don't see how they can redeem themselves from this.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Iron Mego
            For me personally, resin heads are an unforgivable sin here. At this price point I cannot see the justification for that choice. I don't care how limited these sets are, you HAVE to do vinyl heads.

The modern Spidey never really appealed to me, but the finished product simply looks awful. I try to be positive about all things ReMego, but it's becoming hard to find anything positive about this set.
            Ditto^^^

Comment

• Wise4671
              Banned
              • Aug 11, 2007

Here is a link to the posts on Facebook. I hope it works https://www.facebook.com/groups/2115..._comment_reply

Comment

• Wise4671
                Banned
                • Aug 11, 2007

I want the prototype. I liked the molded glasses. Wouldn't that had been cheaper to produce then having the big loose glasses?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

wow, soo glad I waited on this one.
                  Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 21, '15, 5:28 AM.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Are we sure the heads are resin--couldn't they be painted vinyl, as with other Emce offerings?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I am calling EE later this morning to cancel my order. I have never done that before, but this is not worth my $70+tax+shipping to canada. I expected more.
                      This heads look as bad as Capt Pike. This really bites!
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• DSTZach
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Mar 1, 2012

Heads are painted vinyl.

B72LegbIcAE6lwd.jpg

B7vuZokIAAEGRV5.jpg
                        Last edited by DSTZach; Jan 21, '15, 8:10 AM. Reason: Add photos

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I'll wait until someone who isn't banned from here for anti social behavior posts a critique. The guy you keep referencing was known as "Megosaurus" here and he has a thing for EMCE.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Not sure I understand the logic then of painting the entire head since it impacts the paint job squeezing it into another body. But thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• DSTZach
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
                              Not sure I understand the logic then of painting the entire head since it impacts the paint job squeezing it into another body. But thanks for clarifying.
                              Well, if you only painted half the head, it would look weird.

Painting the head allows you greater control over the color. It's harder to match Pantone colors with plastic than it is with paint.

The only paint wear is on the plunger edge, which nobody sees anyway. I trim my plunger edges anyway, for greater poseability. Old TTT trick.

Comment

• David Lee
                                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                                • Jun 10, 2002

China is just flat out phoning it in lately. As you know we had similar problems with some of our stuff recently. I personally feel for you guys, it's a major disappointment when you spend the time and energy, not to mention the money, it takes for something like this only to be hosed by China. It's a gut punch for sure, but I know you guys will pull it out. Hang in there.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎