Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Yep, me too, Tom! The more I see the figure, the more I like it. Good to hear you like your' after getting in hand.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Spending an enjoyable evening with my latest acquisition, Neca's Snake Plissken. With this being Neca, I love everything he is and, in some ways, everything he isn't. The details and application of accessories is very unique to this style of figure, which makes the display value that much more pleasing.

The accessories are wonderfully detailed for this scale. The Scope is removable from his automatic with holsters to hold both guns and the scope. The belt is fascinating too because it's one completely molded piece. There is no strap to undo here. The holding compartments on the back of the belt are molded pieces that have no function.

He also comes with his wrist timer and wrist tracker. The wrist timer is actually composed of rubber and holds on nicely. You have to pop his hand off to remove it. The Tracker however is oddly made of a soft plastic and lightly clips on his wrist. It holds but I think it would fall off easily. Probably best to leave that one off if he will be held and posed allot.

The boots are nicely detailed and part of the figure itself (jointed at the knees and ankles). This permits a wide variety of posing options. The pants are attached inside so they fit nicely and display perfectly. A feature I love.

The Cobra tattoo is present but unfortunately the black shirt does leave some residual stain on his chest region (sorry the image came out fuzzy). There is also a slight tonal difference between the head/hand paints and the body, however it's not quite as noticeable on mine. Personally I prefer the jacket on as it has a nice worn look to it, fits well, and caters to his look that much better. However, I see no drawbacks if one wants to go with just the shirt.

He comes in a clamshell with great artwork on the front and back.

"Call me Snake..."

Zilla: "Funny. I heard you were dead."

To summarize, I think this is a great figure. Very detailed; extremely poseable and enough functional accessories to make me feel like a kid all evening long. Note: He also has a throwing star which I did not remove and an extra right hand for even more posing fun. If you're a long time fan of this character, I strongly recommend this purchase. I wanted something like this since the movie was first released in theaters. For me, it was worth the wait.

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

Outstanding review! I gotta get one now for sure!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

The figures seems to have a very nice range of movement. The ankle joint helps a lot to achieve this.

The black top doesn't have the zippers across the shoulders?
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            The figures seems to have a very nice range of movement. The ankle joint helps a lot to achieve this.

The black top doesn't have the zippers across the shoulders?
            He has tremendous articulation and range of posing even with the jacket on. No restrictions at all. And nope, there are no zippers on the shirt. In fact, the shirt is so delicate and porous-like, it kind of makes sense why it would have trouble holding dye without some transference issues to the body. Really the only grade down I would give to the figure. But I do like the way the shirt hugs his form, so I'm assuming that was the intent.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

This new body with better articulation is just what Neca 8" needed. I already liked the first body, this is icing on the cake.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• piecemaker
                There's no need to fear..
                • Jan 26, 2009

I got this figure yesterday too. I agree he looks great with excellent looking accessories. Mine has the dye transfer from the shirt to the body too which seems to be the only real flaw.

The only other thing I can see and this is getting real nitpicky is the sideburns paint app. sculpt? seems a little off on mine, not sure if they are all like this.

Awesome figure, glad they made him and glad I got one.

Looked again and it is the paint app. on the one sideburn that made the other look longer so an easy fix there.
                Last edited by piecemaker; Jan 29, '15, 5:01 PM.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I think the biggest problem I have is keeping him out of sight from Lil D. If he laid eyes on him... Oh Lordy. But honestly he is obsessed with Captain Canuck. Every morning he takes him out of his clamshell and holds him while he watches cartoons before going to daycare. In the afternoon when he comes home he comes running to me to grab Cap for his late day activities. I think Snake would have a harder time getting the Captain out of captivity than the president!

Comment

• piecemaker
                    There's no need to fear..
                    • Jan 26, 2009

That's great. I betting if he did see Snake he would still like Captain Canuck better. He has an appeal to him that younger kids and older "kids" are really going to like.

Comment

• BrianK
                      Mego Cheapskate
                      • Mar 7, 2003

You just convinced me to buy this figure to put beside my Sideshow Snake. I have to keep him away from my son who is a big Neca fan and Snake fan. He is sixteen now and has played with mego's all his life. he currently has the Eddie Trooper figure and has stolen my Ash figures to put in his room.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2011

Awesome !
                        Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                        :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                        I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BrianK
                          You just convinced me to buy this figure to put beside my Sideshow Snake. I have to keep him away from my son who is a big Neca fan and Snake fan. He is sixteen now and has played with mego's all his life. he currently has the Eddie Trooper figure and has stolen my Ash figures to put in his room.
                          Awesome! So glad to hear you're taking the plunge. I think you'll be very pleased. I too have a Sideshow Snake being shipped this week, so when he arrives I'll have all of the recent figures of Snake by Funko, Neca, and Sideshow. I'm hoping we might get lucky and see similar treatments for The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China. I know Funko is doing a Jack Burton, so my fingers are crossed it continues up the scale.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Can't wait to get this... great pics fellas! It's got me all jazzed up for this one.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• BrianK
                              Mego Cheapskate
                              • Mar 7, 2003

I would love a 1/6 Macready and Burton. Love both characters and movies. Waiting for Funko to make a Pop vinyl of Snake.

Comment

• longscarf72
                                • Jul 20, 2011

Just got my SP in the mail today. I love it, but I am puzzled by something. Nowhere on the package does the name Snake Plissken appear. Anyone have a guess as to why that is? It's not a big deal--the figure's great, but it does seem like a glaring omission!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎